SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that the Cross Traffic Alert is not has sensitive after the May 2019 software update? When I back out of my driveway and cars are passing by nothing happens anymore. Prior to the update, the CTS would go off as cars went by.

I tested it today - I had my son walk perpendicular to the car as I was backing up. The CTS would only go off when he was in very close proximity to the car.

Are there any adjustments for the CTS? Should I swing by the dealer and have them diagnose it?

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
CTA doesn't work with people unless they're running very fast. It's about the speed of cars approaching.
It actually worked for me when a kid on a skateboard came around the corner and I was pulling out of a parking spot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I’m not sure about that. Mine has gone off when people have walked behind me in a parking lot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I’m not sure about that. Mine has gone off when people have walked behind me in a parking lot...

Mine have too, but not always. In any case, it's not quite designed to do that, I think.
Whatever update did though, didn't alter CTA for both of my cars.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
879 Posts

I have all the newest software the day it comes out on both of my SPA vehicles. I have not noticed a difference at all with CTA and yes it does alert to people walking around you. Mine goes crazy at walmart or restaurants.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Mine is working. “Tested” it accidentally on an unsuspecting person yesterday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts