SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been three places, they either dont know what they are doing and messed up or they dont even know what im asking. My headlights are aimed so low that I cant drive at night now.

I need someone in north central CT or weatern Mass to do a sum re-calibration with jacking thr rear up so I can drive at night asap

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, not since my last one though. But they are aimed so low light barely reaches past where you can see over the hood. If you turn on the foglifgts you can see they light up further away. The manuel adjustment won't do much

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
If you want to take a trip down to the shoreline I just got VIDA/DICE. I haven't done a sum calibration before but I can do my best to help you out. I can meet you in niantic or old saybrook. You can also try pm'ing ydowork. He is in Hebron and I know he was telling me he has VIDA/ DICE as well.

·
Registered
284 Posts
As Logan said, I live in Hebron and work in Windsor. We could work something out. Where are you during the day? It'd be nice to have somewhere dark to confirm that they're aligned correctly, but I could do it at lunch tomorrow or after work.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it certainly seems like you calibrated with the lights off. I'm all the way in NY or I would help :(
Thanks I understand

If you want to take a trip down to the shoreline I just got VIDA/DICE. I haven't done a sum calibration before but I can do my best to help you out. I can meet you in niantic or old saybrook. You can also try pm'ing ydowork. He is in Hebron and I know he was telling me he has VIDA/ DICE as well.

sounds good, think the dealer won't be ok with jacking the rear to get it right. Im willing to travel.

As Logan said, I live in Hebron and work in Windsor. We could work something out. Where are you during the day? It'd be nice to have somewhere dark to confirm that they're aligned correctly, but I could do it at lunch tomorrow or after work.
I live in windsor locks so thats perfect. dealer told me to go in tomorrow at one. But even after me explaining the situation they don't know. Are you familiar with doing a lowered car?

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'd just go have your new forum friend help you. You can do sum cals all day for free (or beer) until you get it right. Chances are that creativity and persistence will outperform the dealer's so-called expertise.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd just go have your new forum friend help you. You can do sum cals all day for free (or beer) until you get it right. Chances are that creativity and persistence will outperform the dealer's so-called expertise.
Thats what I am thinking right now, plus meeting another R owner around here would be nice. I am getting attitude from the dealer already acting like they know it all. I will give them a call and let them know I have someone familiar with the system to do it.

ydowork I am ready to meet up wherever is good for you when you can.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've never done a lowered car, but from what I've read its simple. Jack up the rear of the car at the back bumper, recalibrate, test. If it isn't fixed, repeat with a higher jacking. The recalibration itself takes literally two seconds. Email me....jkorber at gmail.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Meetin strangers in the dark.....crrreeeeppy
Isn't this why we all joined the internet? :)

It'll be the 4th or 5th time in two weeks that I'll be standing around cars in the parking lot while co-workers walk by and ask if I need a jump...to which I have to reply, "No, thanks, I'm just playing with my car."

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts