SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2001 s40 has been having some issues with the cruise control, if anyone else is having similiar problems or knows why, please share your experience.
Sometimes when I activate my cruise control, it will stay on for 10 minutes to a half hour then shut itself off and I will not be able to activate it again until I shut off the car for a while. Other times it will not work at all. I took it in and they said it was a vaccuum issue and replaced some parts but thet did not fix it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been having similar problems with my 2001 S40. Problem seems to be when going up a hill (Frequent occurance in my area) or when using the tap-up feature to increase speed. I thought it was a vacuum problem and took it in for service last Friday. Bobby Rahall Volvo in Pittsburgh said they "adjusted" the cruise control and everything was fine, but I it shut off while cruising on the turnpike at about 75 mph the next night. I've seen that other people have been having problems and their dealers replaced a vacuum pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts