SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I use my cruise control the engine/speed feels a bit stagger. Hopefully stagger is the right word and you understand what I mean? It runs smooth and like every ten second there is some kind of hesitation. I cant see anything at the rpm or speed, I just feel it.

Cant feel it if I disengage the cruise controll and hold the throttle steady by myself.

I think this issue only accurs when I use stage 3 tune (AutoTech). Cant remember this at stage 1-2.

What do you think about it? Should I contact AutoTech or troubleshoot the car?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had a very similar problem that developed over the past few weeks and culminated in a CEL. It turned out to be the fuel pressure sensor (FPS). That being said, I felt the issue both in cruise control as well as when I was holding steady manually. Perhaps the problem hasn't developed enough on your car for you to feel it during manual operation?

Else, I am sure there are other possiblilities. Off the top of my head, perhaps it is the TPS, which results in the cruise cutting out every so often because it thinks your foot is on the accelerator pedal.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a very similar problem that developed over the past few weeks and culminated in a CEL. It turned out to be the fuel pressure sensor (FPS). That being said, I felt the issue both in cruise control as well as when I was holding steady manually. Perhaps the problem hasn't developed enough on your car for you to feel it during manual operation?

Else, I am sure there are other possiblilities. Off the top of my head, perhaps it is the TPS, which results in the cruise cutting out every so often because it thinks your foot is on the accelerator pedal.
The FPS is newly replaced because I thought it might be the reason but no change.

Whats is the TPS?

·
Registered
179 Posts
TPS == Throttle Position Sensor. It senses the position of the throttle pedal.

That being said, it is a complete guess, from my knowledge of cars in general (which is gleaned from reading this forum and some car blog sites). For all I know, I am leading you down a very wrong path. You have been warned. :)

·
Registered
935 Posts
Are you able to read the vacuum pressure? Could be a leak

·
Registered
727 Posts
Are you able to read the vacuum pressure? Could be a leak

I feel like a leak would cause a more consistent problem with the cruise control, not an every ten second thing. Misfiring could cause hesitation, as could running way to rich

·
Registered
796 Posts
I had a similar experience before but it was due to my front driver side wheel speed sensor being bad (which also illuminated the ABS light until i replaced it). Once i replaced the sensor and ABS light went away, cruise control was smooth as ever. Probably not related since you don't have any warning lights but figured i'd share :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TPS == Throttle Position Sensor. It senses the position of the throttle pedal.

That being said, it is a complete guess, from my knowledge of cars in general (which is gleaned from reading this forum and some car blog sites). For all I know, I am leading you down a very wrong path. You have been warned. :)
Is it expensive/hard to replace? Might be worth a try...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The feeling is like when your Touch the decrease button for Cruise control.

TPS or try cleaning throttle body?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ditto on the fuel pressure sensor. I was getting the same symptoms. Voltage too high at sensor. Replaced last week at dealer-
Its already replaced. Had no error code or something, I just did it anyway to try to get rid of the problem.

i have the same staggering after i put bsr chip in mine 2.4t.
Have you talked to BSR about it? Mine came after AutoTech stage 3, works fine in lower stages.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts