SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving down 95 yesterday and it was windy and raining (not heavy rain). I was literally getting blown off the road. I had SUVs and semis passing me yet I felt nearly airborne when the wind wipped up. I don't think I was hydroplaning at 65... Has anyone else experienced significant windage like this with the S60? I keep thinking I'm driving the most sure-footed car, but maybe that's not the case?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
It's not the car itself but the steering which makes it feel like a towel.
I changed the geometry to a little negative camber and it reacted much better.
A month ago the power steering was replaced and the dealer realigned the car according new settings from Volvo.
It seems to be set to toe out which is the most dramatic setting I have ever driven in this car and which makes it very light on steering when there's a lot of wind.
Just put the front alignment to zero with 0,5 degree negative camber.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Johann,
That's interesting, I never thought the alignment could have such a dramatic affect. I assume this change will not affect tire wear. My car was re-aligned not long ago, so I will check the sheet they gave me with the settings.

Where in the Netherlands do you live? I have a brother in Utrecht.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.