SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down 95 yesterday and it was windy and raining (not heavy rain). I was literally getting blown off the road. I had SUVs and semis passing me yet I felt nearly airborne when the wind wipped up. I don't think I was hydroplaning at 65... Has anyone else experienced significant windage like this with the S60? I keep thinking I'm driving the most sure-footed car, but maybe that's not the case?<P>Thanks.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
It's not the car itself but the steering which makes it feel like a towel.<BR>I changed the geometry to a little negative camber and it reacted much better.<BR>A month ago the power steering was replaced and the dealer realigned the car according new settings from Volvo.<BR>It seems to be set to toe out which is the most dramatic setting I have ever driven in this car and which makes it very light on steering when there's a lot of wind.<BR>Just put the front alignment to zero with 0,5 degree negative camber.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Johann,<BR>That's interesting, I never thought the alignment could have such a dramatic affect. I assume this change will not affect tire wear. My car was re-aligned not long ago, so I will check the sheet they gave me with the settings.<P>Where in the Netherlands do you live? I have a brother in Utrecht.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
In the east near the German border, it's about an hour from Utrecht.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts