SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little cut and paste of my thread in the Gen 2 forum...

Here's an odd question...Has anyone 'conditioned' their screen wind block for the C70? We kept ours from our '08, so we're 4+ years with ours in the Texas sun(actually, we don't have the top down too much in the summer months---not during the daytime anyway). It's looking a little washed out and I wonder about some sort of cleaner/conditioner a la Armor All or some such. I'd hate to put something on the 'fabric' that might prove deleterious. I wouldn't mind if it 'enriched' the color a bit and added some UV protection.

I don't mean to make this more difficult that it needs to be, but at $500 a clip, I don't want to have it getting ratty in the next couple of years. Has anyone found a satisfactory product different from typical 'protectants' ?
Thanks, y'all! Only 97 degrees today...summer's just around the corner! :eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
A little cut and paste of my thread in the Gen 2 forum...
I wouldn't mind if it 'enriched' the color a bit and added some UV protection.
This is what to use if you want good UV protection without discoloring silicone. I have been using it on my trim and Samco hoses for 3 years now and all are in the same condition and color they were when I started using the product. Read the reviews, Most high end detail shops know of this stuff. I had to get it at a Marine Supply store. called Aerospace Protectant from 303 Products.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I went with a mild cleaning today and will look into the protectant. It already looks much better without the layer of central Texas limestone dust! A little SPF is good for all of 'us'!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts