SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
55,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as we will probably be getting one this year. I prefer the S4 Avant but my wife really likes the Cross Country. So, I'd prefer if the CC lost the 197hp and got the 247hp T5 setup. Does anyone know if the CC will get a boost in power?<P>Subaru's Outback has a 212hp 6 now...and you don't have to worry about turbo maintenance. So come one Volvo get over the 200hp hump.<P>Chris<BR>

·
Registered
339 Posts
there won't be an increase in horsepower for the XC this year. have you driven it? it is enough horsepower for that car, in my opinion.

·
Administrator
55,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we haven't driven it yet. I am very happy with our '99 GLT sedan. We had a '99 GLT wagon as a loaner last year and it had plenty of umph.<P>I drove a 2000 S4 for most of last year and got spoiled with all the power and I would like to get an S4 Avant but my wife really likes the XC. We have access to Volvo A-Plan pricing so we'll probably have a $5k or so difference in price between an Avant and XC. <P>

·
Registered
339 Posts
i think you'll save more than that with the A-plan price vs. the Audi. The Audi is smaller, too. good luck - get ash gold with taupe, that's the best color.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I too, don't think the XC will get the T5 this year or any year, for that matter. But then, I'm mostly posting here just to see if it's possible for me yet.<P>- Darell<P>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chris<BR>I drove an A4 quattro for 3 yrs. Always thought it was way underpowered and had too much torque steer. <P>I just bought a 2001 v70 XC Java w/Umber trim...cool! The 2.4T's 197 HP is more than enough giddyup. Also, the XC has no noticable torque steer and, no turbo-whine like the A4 has at hiway speeds.<P>As for the Subaru...Hmmm it's not even in the same class as the XC.<P>Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Administrator
55,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. It looks like the XC will be the choice once I get final approval from the household finance commity.<P>Although, the T5 has really clean lines. Will they be adding AWD to the T5 soon?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone thought of the Audi Allroad. That would take care of your engine concerns. The 2.7 is a bi-turbo, 250 hp....

·
Administrator
55,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have considered the allroad but at $47k its out of the budget. It is the combination I've been wanting. The S4 Avant is also on my list, but doesn't have the SUV "look" my wife prefers.<P>With access to Volvo's A-Plan pricing we should be able to get into a XC, with some options for less than $40k.<BR>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts