SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
What exactly is this?
I believe Yannis’ reference to DRIVER DISPLAY (Eco, Comfort, Dynamic) has to do with the Instrument panel THEME. Each drive mode has its own Instrument Panel THEME (e.g., Glass, Chrome, Minimalist, Performance)

You set your preferred default THEME in Settings -> My Car -> Displays. You may also then set your Instrument Panel THEME based on your Indiivudal Mode. The references to Eco, Comfort, Dynamic are not intuitive in the context of the DrivermDisplay so good question.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Absolutely, this is a defect in Volvo's thinking. We should be able to start up in individual mode when the engine starts, and we should be able to not have auto-start/stop engaged when we start the engine, if we don't want it, and we should be able to disable the auto-door-locking when the car starts, permanently. All these things add up, along with others, to alienate some of us long-term Volvo owners, to the point of looking at other car brands when we'd rather not because other brands have these things that Volvo should permit. Some of these things are wanted or used every time we drive the car, and the inability to have these simple features that other manufacturers have in their cars is aggravating.
As a new owner of an XC90 I thought I was doing something wrong or missing something about the options I explicitly turned off turning themselves back on.

Finding out that, nope, Volvo decided the vehicle is always in Test Drive Mode is beyond infuriating.

It does not feel like my vehicle when I need to run through a :angryfire:ing checklist to disable a bunch of settings every single time I start it up.

The fact that the vehicle defaults to a state other than what I left it in is, in itself, ridiculous.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Short question for you experts.
Do you see a difference between driver display COMFORT & DYNAMIC? I see the same except if i am missing something....

"DRIVER DISPLAY"" (Eco, Comfort or Dynamic)

·
Registered
221 Posts
This is what i am talking about... Still can't figure it out.

I don’t think it has to do with THEMES, as themes are configured elsewhere, plus if you were to choose theme you would do it the same way you do it for the other driving modes as well.

ECO and CONFORT are different, but
COMFORT and DYNAMIC are the same..

The only possible explanation would be the case where the driver’s display was 8.3 inch in some momentum trims...
In this case if i recall correctly the tachmeter was not displayed in comfort mode...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Short question for you experts.
Do you see a difference between driver display COMFORT & DYNAMIC? I see the same except if i am missing something....

"DRIVER DISPLAY"" (Eco, Comfort or Dynamic)
Mainly colors and layout of odometers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mainly colors and layout of odometers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colors and layout between DYNAMIC and COMFORT are exactly the same... (i am not talking about color themes, but drivers display)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Unfortunately, the answer is no. It seems Volvo has made a conscious decision to never allow the vehicle to be started with the start/stop feature turned off. I'm guessing that's why you are not allowed link a specific drive mode to your key.
My 2020 XC90 allows me to disable Stop/Start and it’s automatically remembered for future starts. As in previous model years, it can be disabled in either Settings or Profile, but now it’s permanent until reenabled by driver.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts