SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
My understanding is that Volvo leaves start/stop as the permanent default option is because it helps to bump up the car's official mpg estimates a little bit. And you can't count any mileage savings from start/stop if you give drivers a way to permanently disable it....

It matters because, in the US, at any rate, there are increasingly stiff "average" mpg figures that mfg's have to meet across their entire fleet, so even fractional improvements in mpg for each model they sell helps them meet these overall standards.

This is my understanding of the law, anyway-- others might know better.

·
Registered
324 Posts
How do I copy profile 1 to profile 2 for when I want to use sport vs regular key.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
How do I copy profile 1 to profile 2 for when I want to use sport vs regular key.

Thanks
You cannot copy. You have to set each one, manually.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think I'm clearly missing something here... I am set up as the Guest Profile now, but when I go through the steps above and try to edit Profile 1, it defaults to factory settings where I don't even see SiriusXM radio as an audio option. Do I have to reset everything?

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
How do I associate driver's seat position with the driver profile?

thanks
charlie
I do not believe the two are connected. Use your own key fob and tie that to your preferred seat setting.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I do not believe the two are connected. Use your own key fob and tie that to your preferred seat setting.
I know I'm not the only one who has a wife who also drives the XC90. When she gets in, she expects the driver profile to switch to her's, as well as the seat settings to change to her's. We are seeing inconsistencies constantly (oxymoron?) where when she gets in, her profile loads, but the seat settings (sometimes, often) go to mine. Then, I'll get in a couple days later, the profile recognized me, but the seat settings (sometimes, mostly) stay on her's. Are we required to hit the memory settings on the door every time a different driver gets in?

We've tried locking on exit with one key, then unlocking on entry with the other. No dice. Seems that the Bluetooth phone pairing is also a victim feature here, as those don't always change with Profiles either.

When I get in, I automatically want my Profile, my seat settings and my phone to all know that I'm the one driving. Same for her. What is the sequence here to make this simple and automated?

Too much to ask?

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I know I'm not the only one who has a wife who also drives the XC90. When she gets in, she expects the driver profile to switch to her's, as well as the seat settings to change to her's. We are seeing inconsistencies constantly (oxymoron?) where when she gets in, her profile loads, but the seat settings (sometimes, often) go to mine. Then, I'll get in a couple days later, the profile recognized me, but the seat settings (sometimes, mostly) stay on her's. Are we required to hit the memory settings on the door every time a different driver gets in?

We've tried locking on exit with one key, then unlocking on entry with the other. No dice. Seems that the Bluetooth phone pairing is also a victim feature here, as those don't always change with Profiles either.

When I get in, I automatically want my Profile, my seat settings and my phone to all know that I'm the one driving. Same for her. What is the sequence here to make this simple and automated?

Too much to ask?
I think that what you are asking is very reasonable. I will pass those requests along.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Too much to ask?
Also IDM.

I prefer mine on Eco everytime. It's annoying to always need to remember to change drive modes everytime I get in the car. Seems like a simple request too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Setting Driver Profile

XC90 2016 Inscription
Getting the Driver profile to "save" what I'd like normal is either not working or I cannot follow directions.
I understand the Volvo terms of personal, combined, and global (or close enough)
The on line owner's manual do not reflect the screens/displays in my car (typically page 112 "driver profile"
I recognize different versions can exist and documentation can be later.

I would like 360 degree when back up, not the other thing. I select it.
That is not the problem

"protect profile" as an option is the problem. AND the resulting message "save ..." when the profile is protected!
So either I am really dyslexic or there is a confusion n the language.

I will un-protect the driver profile, change something not global, and then protect it from being changed. And it does not "take"

Where and in which manual are the steps to modify a driver profile and then save it where save can be to either the profile, the key, or the usb stick?
if it is not in any manual does one know the no thought process steps?

·
Registered
69 Posts
So I finally created my own individual setting. I've always wanted to find a way to lower the vehicle while keeping it in hybrid mode.

Here's the problem I'm having. I was able to select my individual mode from the wheel after saving my settings, all good there. The problem is, the next time I turn on the car I can no longer select individual with the wheel. I have to go back into the settings, check off individual, configure my settings again and save them, then I can select individual mode again with the wheel. I have to do this every time after I've parked and turned off the car.

Is anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Whatever customizing you have done, it will be saved under anew profile or after you finish editing an already existing one. You can name the profile whatever you want so that you know it is your own.
I don't think this is correct. According to the manual, and my own experience, personal (ie, not global) settings are saved to the active profile: "Any settings set prior to creating a permanent profile will automatically be saved to the Guest Profile. "

Therefore, customize after you've created a profile.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You cannot copy. You have to set each one, manually.
This is NOT the case. Manual and my experience says to create a profile then associate it with a key. In this case, you would export P1 to usb, change or create a new profile, and import P1 from the usb. Then save the new profile to the sport (or other) key.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I'm clearly missing something here... I am set up as the Guest Profile now, but when I go through the steps above and try to edit Profile 1, it defaults to factory settings where I don't even see SiriusXM radio as an audio option. Do I have to reset everything?
For starters, you need to already have the profile you want to edit active. When you first edit a profile -- other than guest -- it will have factory settings, irrespective of what you've edited on the guest profile.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anyone? Bueller?

So I finally created my own individual setting. I've always wanted to find a way to lower the vehicle while keeping it in hybrid mode.

Here's the problem I'm having. I was able to select my individual mode from the wheel after saving my settings, all good there. The problem is, the next time I turn on the car I can no longer select individual with the wheel. I have to go back into the settings, check off individual, configure my settings again and save them, then I can select individual mode again with the wheel. I have to do this every time after I've parked and turned off the car.

Is anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just tested this multiple times. It appears that the seat (and mirror) memory settings can be saved to a profile, which is then associated with a key. I found that when I sat in the car and changed profiles, the seat and mirrors adjusted accordingly. Basically, I found the most reliable way to get personal settings saved and associated correctly with a key is to:

1. Start in desired profile
2. Press desired seat memory button
3. Settings > System > Profiles > Edit (desired) > Save to key (check it off then back on!)

I did observe it working, even with seat and mirrors. I sat in car and changed profile to wife's. Then got out and locked at handle. Then opened with my fob and profile, seats and mirrors all changed to mine.

Not sure about connecting phone automatically...

21 - 40 of 68 Posts