SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a steering column that creaks and squeaks when the steering wheel is turned even the slightest bit? It's driving me nuts that it does this in such a quiet cabin. I've had it into the dealership twice for this problem and they haven't been able to correct it. Mine's a 2016 T6 Platinum.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yep happens in mine too, I just live with it though and haven't tried to find a solution yet.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I solved it. I watched a bunch of YouTube vids on creaking steering column, and it appears that the majority of the creaks stem from the column linkage rubbing against a rubber grommet in the firewall. I sprayed some silicone lubricant into that area last night and today my creaking is gone. I'll continue to monitor...

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I think I solved it. I watched a bunch of YouTube vids on creaking steering column, and it appears that the majority of the creaks stem from the column linkage rubbing against a rubber grommet in the firewall. I sprayed some silicone lubricant into that area last night and today my creaking is gone. I'll continue to monitor...
Nice job, where are the rubber grommets located in reference to the inner wheel fender? Do you need the wheels off, or just need to crawl underneath?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The boot that seals steering shaft passthrough and has the bushing and sleeve that steering shaft spins in. just above top edge of carpet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts