SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just overhauled my front end (struts, plates, seats, bushings, end links), 4 new tires and freshly aligned. Ball joints were done not long ago.
The creaking sound is heard on acceleration, and felt in the steering wheel.
I'm thinking tie rods maybe?

Cheers

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No suggestions??
Is this a unique problem?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Maybe check your motor mounts, both top and bottom; check the bar that holds the top motor mount (its more of a torque bushing actually); check the subframe bushing/bolts. Not that I have any ideas on how you would check these things...

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
I had a creaking on acceleration and it turned out to be loose bolts on my strut bar. The ones that connect the bar to the "two bolt strut tower mounts"

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe check your motor mounts, both top and bottom; check the bar that holds the top motor mount (its more of a torque bushing actually); check the subframe bushing/bolts. Not that I have any ideas on how you would check these things...
Good suggestions, and I will find a way to check :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a creaking on acceleration and it turned out to be loose bolts on my strut bar. The ones that connect the bar to the "two bolt strut tower mounts"
Good call. Maybe the mecanic did not tighten the bar enough. I will also check the strut plates at the top and see if those are tight as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turns out you were right on. Loose strut bar. Tightened and noise is gone.
Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts