SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Creaking noise of interior door handles

The creaking interior door handles on my 2014 T6 AWD Premier Plus are the worst I’ve noticed on any car. Each time anyone grabs the side armrests to open or close the doors there is the creaking sound of plastic rubbing together. The noise gives the impression that the door panel is flimsy. Any remedies? It contradicts the impression of a “luxury” vehicle. I didn’t notice this when test driving other XC60s. In comparison, my ten year old S80 door panels feel solid and do not make any noise.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here’s a video:

I found two other threads mentioning the problem. Some owners responding say they do not have the noise, so it may depend on the year or trim level. I wonder if adding the wood inlays will eliminate the noise. It could be the aluminum-colored plastic instead, in which case I will need to add some sort of padding underneath the rubbing plastic parts. Does anyone with wood trim experience the creaking noise?

·
Registered
13,993 Posts
I've gotten a little bit of this with all of the P3 cars I've owned - some worse than others. I only notice it if I really lean on the door handles on the two P3's I own now so it doesn't really bother me. I can't imagine it would get any better with the wood trim but I don't really know. I think some folks have sprayed just a touch of silicone spray where the creaking is most apparent. You might give that a shot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Creaking noise of interior door handles

The creaking interior door handles on my 2014 T6 AWD Premier Plus are the worst I’ve noticed on any car. Each time anyone grabs the side armrests to open or close the doors there is the creaking sound of plastic rubbing together. The noise gives the impression that the door panel is flimsy. Any remedies? It contradicts the impression of a “luxury” vehicle. I didn’t notice this when test driving other XC60s. In comparison, my ten year old S80 door panels feel solid and do not make any noise.
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but how did you end up fixing the creaking noises from the door handles? I have that issue in my 2012 S60 as well and I would like to know any tips to sort it out.
Thanks in advance!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts