SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the cabin I get audible creaking/groaning noises from steering.<br>This happens only when the air temp gets over 75* - doesn't matter if the car is cold or warm or moving.<br>Volvo has looked at the problem but has no solution yet.<p>Anyone here experience this?<p>Thanks!<br>Greg

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: Creaking noise from power steering (gjabo178)

TNN 64-28 addresses numerous noise complaints for the p/s system. Dealer should have checked that first. It breaks down a few noise areas that require adjustment down to the point of pump replacement if they continue.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I get this as well! I have no idea what it is either. I'm waiting for something else to break or this to get worse, which its not, to take it to the dealership. With my extended warranty, if they cant find a problem, they charge me $99.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: (HaZed)

Yikes, run it out of fluid, should take care of the motor for ya lol.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The most common problem is that the powersteering module wich is an all in one module it makes that groaning noise because it touches the AC Dryer, that is eactly near it, in the left front side under the front bumper. <p>It has some rubber thing that keeps them separated but i think that wears off or because of heat and metal contractions their position is altered and they touch each other, and the power steering module is transmitting those vibrations in the AC dryer wich produces that vibrations.<p>Sorry for my very bad english.<p>This is a TSB ( Technical Service Bulletin ). <p>I had the same problem, solved by removing the bumper, and sticking some, I don't know to how they call it in english, its a rubber band with glue on one side, used for sealing door. <br>I does'n matter anywat what to put there, just put some absorbing material like rubber or something.<p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts