SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'06 SR GT

One time I hit the throttle 25% from start I heard a loud bang - I thought my AWD was gone, but when I lifted all 4 wheels off the ground all wheels spun at idle speed (no throttle). And no FWD torque steer, so it couldn't be the splines/angle gear?

At stop, I switched GT gears to "Drive" and "Reverse" when not moving (holding on brake), in between gears it would click-click. As I go 5mph from start I could feel creaking. As I am rolling 10mph I hit the throttle harder and it doesn't creak or as much. Only from 0-5mph between D & R gears.

I'm no mechanic - any thoughts what it may be? Struts? Endlinks? Tranny mount? Etc

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Either the symptom is not clear or there are too many possible scenarios for this?

·
Registered
367 Posts
check for rub marks down the exhaust, might have shifted. I was getting my resonator removed and after we welded it up the exhaust had shifted a bit and it was making a rubbing noise ONLY from 5-10mph than after it was gone. It was loud as hell. My rubbing was coming from a VERY small part of the exhaust touching the heat shield and it vibrating on it. Hope you figure it out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts