SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The armrest between the driver and passenger has started to creak...especially on cooler days. It sounds as if it's coming from the actual armrest, not the center console. But for some reason, only creaks when it's in the closed position (lifting the armrest and pressing, pushing, shaking, or any other movement doesn't recreate the noise). It only makes the noise when it's closed and I press on it. It's driving me nuts. Anyone else have this issue and found a fix for it??

·
Registered
6 Posts
The armrest between the driver and passenger has started to creak...especially on cooler days. It sounds as if it's coming from the actual armrest, not the center console. But for some reason, only creaks when it's in the closed position (lifting the armrest and pressing, pushing, shaking, or any other movement doesn't recreate the noise). It only makes the noise when it's closed and I press on it. It's driving me nuts. Anyone else have this issue and found a fix for it??
Same issue. Am going to take it in have the dealer look at it.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I believe I have the same issue. @madmoondog, let us know how it all works out.

on a side note, does anyone know a good place to buy silencing tape?

·
Registered
439 Posts
We’ve had a creaky armrest since our XC40 arrived in the US. I didn’t notice it while driving in Sweden, but we had a full vehicle and I was nervous driving it.

The original armrest lid was re installed a couple of times before they decided that the lid had a defect and was replaced. The replacement worked for a while but the creak has started again. It’s really frustrating because we go out for a short drive and the noise is very apparent. We retuned from a 2,800 mile road trip in our almost 12 year old Jeep Grand Cherokee with no creaks.

I have to make another appointment to the dealer to see if they can fix it. I think it’s been there four times in the past year for creaks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I took mine to the dealer with this problem and they added tape which helped fix the problem. They also taped the garbage can SHUT, which I was able to rectify, but left residue everywhere so that's unfortunate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts