SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried it? <br>I have noticed a slight gain in consumption the last month or so, got the K&N insert filter. Did a search for the "how to" didnt find one, any tips would be helpful.<br>Cheers

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Re: CRC MAF sensor cleaner (goddamnswede)

i have used it. it worked for the v40.<p>the only tip my mechanic gave me was to not to let it drip on any internal sensors. there may be another sensor connected in there. so do not touch the wires, let it drip free of any other stuff.<p>i took mine(the maf senson) out of the airbox and disconnected the wiring and the other end of the charge pipe that goes to the turbo or the throttle body/intake.<p>obviously do not over oil the k and n.<p>good luck, it worked for us with better starts and smoother idle.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re: CRC MAF sensor cleaner (goddamnswede)

MAF sensors are easy to clean, the spray costs 8 bucks at autozone...<p><br>its 2 screws to take it out and to clean

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, had it out today. It needed a clean, performance like new when done.<br>Couldnt get it out with just the two screws, had to take of the flex hose and pull the maf assy.<p>BTW got rid of the K&N filter, stock filter back in. Got scared when i saw all the fine dust on the inside of the intake tube. <p>1 hrs job total

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I too have been enjoying my K&N filter, until i noticed all the stuff it lets through. It can not be good for the turbo, not to mention the engine..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts