SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know whats in this engine? Is your typical Darton sleeves, K1 rods, Wiseco pistons etc. build?

VP Racing C-16 fuel makes 591hp and 520tq

·
Registered
940 Posts
I heard he was having major issues with the car and gave up.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
940 Posts
And on one of the dyno pulls, the air straightener on the maf broke and blew the turbo.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
probably blew up from him hitting that redline lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
One of the many reasons I prefer leaving the boost down around 20 psi and being happy with around 400HP. It also allows me to get by with a stock K24 and a lot of the stock hardware that way too.

All those bragging rights that come with the extra 50% increase in boost and power come at the expense of breaking stuff, even if you go with sleeves and the all forged internals route.

·
Registered
940 Posts
probably blew up from him hitting that redline lol

What do you mean by that? The turbo ingested solid pieces of metal which threw it off balance.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
What do you mean by that? The turbo ingested solid pieces of metal which threw it off balance.

was just saying by hitting the redline like that, theres no wonder it blew up.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Nothing wrong with that. Its a built motor. Think it was just more of the suction from the giant turbo.

·
Registered
613 Posts
was just saying by hitting the redline like that, theres no wonder it blew up.

There's literally nothing at all damaging about hitting the limiter...

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
There's literally nothing at all damaging about hitting the limiter...
i think youre wrong.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
No plate frames on either car. And I haven't drive my s60r since the middle of December, so not likely lol

·
Registered
613 Posts
i think youre wrong.
Well I know for a fact that you're wrong... The engineers put the limiter where it is for a reason, it's within a margin of safety, and perfectly fine to reach the limit as such.

If Volvo only wanted the car to rev to 5000 thats where they would have put it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hey SonicBlueR, do you have a themed license plate frame? I think I may have seen you on route 8 this weekend.. I think.. It was Sunday around 13:30

Hmm wasn't my sonic either... I think I was on the Merritt sunday but not 8.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I hit the limiter in the Ferrari and my bike once in a while. It's good for it lol

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Well I know for a fact that you're wrong... The engineers put the limiter where it is for a reason, it's within a margin of safety, and perfectly fine to reach the limit as such.

so what youre telling me is that its okay to red line my car on a daily basis. i dont think so.

·
Registered
940 Posts
so what youre telling me is that its okay to red line my car on a daily basis. i dont think so.

It's good for an engine to rev out, actually. It cleans the valves. What do you think happens at redline? It's a balanced rotating assembly lol.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts

YES.

You have to get a whiteblock nice and warmed up and floor it. I hit 5.5k every day. Not when its cold but once its warmed up you need to for PCV longevity. The engine is designed to hit that RPM why wouldn't you?

·
Registered
383 Posts

Volvo engineers put the rev limiter there for a stock car. Not one that makes this much power...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts