SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parking my 2002 V70 I broke the right side external mirror after I hit a column on the parking garage. The mechanism and the mirror was replaced in a Volvo Center with an original Volvo part. The problem is that every time I enter the car the mirror begins to move and finally stops pointing the sky. I went back to the Volvo center They made a software update but the problem is still there. Every time I adjust the mirror and press the number one button together with the memory button. I did it with the three buttons on the seat but the problem is still there.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Re: crazy external mirror (Jorge)

Wife's XC70 has similar issue. Mirror motor replaced once and took care of the problem for a while. Now we get the random occurance where the mirror goes crazy after hitting a program setting. It is in for other work today - hopefully they will be able to find the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: crazy external mirror (samulsoon_0503)

I hope they will solve the problem. Please keeps us informed of the outcome. Jorge

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

Have you tryed to get them to just deactivate the memory feature? And or the memory switch on the seat adjustor. And use the car like as if it was a normal one? Just readjust the seat and the mirrors like anyone else with the manual operated electric switchs when need be? And for get about the fancy (problematic) moves it for you feature. My 965 has the memory system but it NEVER worked (or should say NEVER takes or holds/saves a code) from day one when I got the car last Aug. So I adjust the seat and mirrors like I do in my 744 if need be. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
3,517 Posts

You need to lock the car with YOUR r/c after you changed the position of the mirror. If you lock with the other r/c, that rc is stored with that position (also the seat position is stored with each remotecontrol, so actually you've 5 seat memories
Seat memory has nothing to do with the movement of the mirrors after you press unlock!!!!!!!

·
Banned
50 Posts

It sounds as if the mirror that was replaced was the incorrect. Have them check the part number. The mirror that was replaced was of a different memory configuration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts