SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm having some seriously crazy issues with my 2004 Volvo S60R:

First I notice my steering feels a little different, but I've been traveling, so maybe I'm just crazy. Then I get an "Anti-skid service required" light. Then 5 min later, I get a "Transmission Service Required" light, then I feel a thud and my brake warning light (and accompanying warning message) come on and "check engine light." I restarted the car, and just the "anti-skid" and "transmission" lights are still on; however, I'm pretty sure the 4C system is not working correctly....the car feels different. Oh, and for a while I lost every one of my guages except my fuel gauge and my engine doesn't seem perfect.

Any ideas on what is wrong with my car?

·
6,436 Posts
check your battery....it might be dying
Apparently these are the symptoms which a few people have experienced when their battery was crapping out

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read that, so I checked my battery voltage, alternator voltage, and reset the battery grounding cable.....all didn't work, unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I read that, so I checked my battery voltage, alternator voltage, and reset the battery grounding cable.....all didn't work, unfortunately.
I suggest replacing the battery anyways If you're still on original...it will die....very soon. The majority of the time they cause loads of problems on the way out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Any chance any water got in the car while you were away? I'm sure there are a host of reasons that that Array of trouble lights could be on (I think any number of control modules going bad in either circuit can cause at least some of those lights), but I had the exact scenario you described occur in my car, except for the tranny light since I've got a stick shift. My problem ended up being the SUM, for what it's worth. Hope your problem is cheaper!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
If you're not sure of the battery's age I'd replace it, even if it "checked OK," that's the easiest thing to address first.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
If you're not sure of the battery's age I'd replace it, even if it "checked OK," that's the easiest thing to address first.
$150 for something you'll probably have to be replaced at some other point in time....Preventative Maintenance I believe it is called :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts