SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today, I woke up earlyer than usual so i decided to get some chick fil a, BAD IDEA. I was going straight at an intersection and this girl who was in the left turn lane starts comming out, so i slow down a bit, and this girl keeps edgeing out, then all of sudden she floors it and goes, i turn right to try to avoid less damage instead of hitting her straight on, i hit her on my left side only. She failed to yield. My airbag deployed and I was wearing my seat belt.

So after i went to the hospital cause my hand hurt, and just got back. I have a broken pinky. from the airbag.

Is it totaled?

Modified by heartbrokenazn at 4:42 PM 3-26-2009

·
Super Moderator
14,857 Posts
oooooh I just got nauseous. That is a horrible picture. So sorry to see that, man. Glad to see you are ok.

Please don't tell me they are going to try to pin this on you!

I would be VERY surprised if they would total that, based on what I see in the pics.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Re: cRashed R *Pic* (heartbrokenazn)

Oh no!!!

that sucks man,

keep a positive attitude and good luck http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

EDIT I know nothing about total or not....but get your neck checked out

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (phuz)

no, its her fault. She made a left turn and failure to yield. I am so bummed, I didn't go to school today. But good thing is We're both ok. and I'm not hurt too bad.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Re: (phuz)

OMG I hate female drivers that don't pay attention for sh*t on the roads. Your R looked just like mine too
. I'd say it might be totaled, in that case I spy winglets part-out!

Interesting to see how much weaker the front end of the camry is.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: (craina)

So sorry to see those pics (reminds me of my crash) but good call on getting yourself checked-out. Given the damage is about the same as mine, I'm betting it is totalled

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (craina)

Damn, that sucks. Glad everyone is ok.

It's an '07, so I'm going to say "no" but I have no idea. You NEVER know what's wrecked under there or isn't until it starts getting pulled apart. Could end up being a lot of $$ to fix, which could make that no a yes.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Re: (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »
Damn, that sucks. Glad everyone is ok.

It's an '07, so I'm going to say "no" but I have no idea. You NEVER know what's wrecked under there or isn't until it starts getting pulled apart. Could end up being a lot of $$ to fix, which could make that no a yes.

+1 You never know untill it gets pulled apart.
But on a side note im suprised to see that winglet still in place .

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Sorry for your loss, what a pain. Glad you're okay, a broken finger will heal quickly. The car did its job. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

*notices vultures circling thread*

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re: (turbojay)

Dang man I cant believe that... As far as it being totaled, you really dont know until you get it pulled apart... If the frame has substantial damage to it, that really will be the determining factor... Also depending on the mileage of the car... Worse case scenario, take the money and buy another!! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
Make sure you get depreciation on the car as well, if they do decide to total it!

Hate to hear it

·
Registered
495 Posts
Re: (-Pascal)

Dude that is depressing, please be sure to get checked out sometimes things do not show up until the next day when the shock wears off. And seeing how true R's like ours are harder and harder to find it sad to see one die. If it can be fixed be on top of the shop doing the work, make damn sure they know what an R is and how to fix them correctly.

Keep us in the loop on how it goes ok?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Ouch! Glad you are fine, looks gnarled enough to warrant a totaling but you never know.

Interesting observation is that the winglet looks to be intact. I mean really? These things self destruct just looking at a parking block and your winglet weathered a collision like that.

·
6,444 Posts
Oh wow... This thing looks bad. Good Thing is that you're OK though.

By the way, IF the car is totaled (which I hope it's not) culd we talk about that Body Kit and how I could get it off your hands? Thanks

...having said that...I HOPE it's not totaled.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,293 Posts
Re: (xman03)

First, glad to hear you two are safe and sound (broken pinkie nonwithstanding).

With Volvos, its labor that's the killer. Your crash is similar to mine, and my car was totaled as the labor hours were at ~ 130 hours and that was after a good teardown (but not complete).

I hate to say this, but I'm pretty sure the car is totaled.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.