SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my sport kit and it turns out its for the S60 T5. Single exhaust pipe.

So, mod it to fit by cutting the hole bigger? Get a single tip 3" exhaust? Sell it and try to get the R one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
You should be able to buy the exhaust surround piece from the dealer. VIVA should have it as well in addition to online retailers like Volvo Parts Webstore.

Cut only if you can do a stellar job, otherwise it's worth spending to avoid the eyesore and having peace of mind :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
You should be able to buy the exhaust surround piece from the dealer. VIVA should have it as well in addition to online retailers like Volvo Parts Webstore.

Cut only if you can do a stellar job, otherwise it's worth spending to avoid the eyesore and having peace of mind :)
2nd that!

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
I have a widened version of the exhaust panel sitting around.... pm me if interested.
Also have the blank panel, and the passenger side widened custom dual exit exhaust panel as well ... came off my 04 rear setup.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wait - it comes off? I am replacing my existing kit and they are the same color and the drivers side is in mint condition.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I love the dual - dual look, some day I'm going to mod my VR's bumper cover. Nice tail lights DevolvR!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I just got my sport kit and it turns out its for the S60 T5. Single exhaust pipe.

So, mod it to fit by cutting the hole bigger? Get a single tip 3" exhaust? Sell it and try to get the R one?

Thanks!
Is your exhaust "portal" removable?? is the body kit from a '04?? as the later OEM ones (starting when I am not sure) are not on either side.

Photos please...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh its the 05 definitely.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I looked back there - plastic welds hold that stuff on it seems.

Looks like its time to potentially move to single 3" tip muffler. Anyone have a good muffler they could recommend?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ill second that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
It's ok, we all do it.

When I first got a Volvo some one was selling a brand new exhaust manifold heat shield still in the bag, with stickers on it. It's been sitting on in a shelf in my shop for over 4 years.

The other day I was looking at it, then the heat shield from my parts car R and low and behold it's totally different.

Can't even be mad if it took 4 years to notice, lol.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
I never cared for dual exhaust on a car with only one exhaust pipe coming from the motor, always seemed like a form of automotive poseurism to me, not to mention a bunch of unneeded weight as well.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah - looking for a denver area shop to do this work. Someone said $600 already, and thats just dumb IMHO.

I may try my hand at welding my own and just clamping the stainless muffler on there.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah - looking for a denver area shop to do this work. Someone said $600 already, and thats just dumb IMHO.

I may try my hand at welding my own and just clamping the stainless muffler on there.
You should try going to Amigos Muffler shop. They welded up my exhaust for about $150 if I remember correctly. They shouldn't have a problem putting a dual on yours.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
485 Posts
I looked back there - plastic welds hold that stuff on it seems.

Looks like its time to potentially move to single 3" tip muffler. Anyone have a good muffler they could recommend?
Sorry I'm slow, but can we get a photo of the exhaust portal on your sport kit... I just put one on my 2.5T AWD... used a stock cat back R exhaust... worked perfect.

is your portal not this size??

What exhaust/tip to fill it with comes after the size is more clearly understood...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

This is the T5 kit I have.

·
Registered
485 Posts
This is the T5 kit I have.

WOW, did not know that even existed... Unless you can find a R version or are VERY skilled with a VERY fine toothed saw to cut that out and use the ViVA FCP exhaust panel, your stuck. Plan B is a T5 cat back and change to the tip you like and fits...

Thanks for the photo... cleared things up in a hurry..

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will actually convert over to a borla. putting together the parts for that job right now.

I'm just deciding if I want to try welding stainless, or if I want to go with mild steel. I live in Denver and we don't salt, we use mag chloride, so rusting is low.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts