SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
‘05 V50i; ‘09 C30 T5
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the Crankcase Breather Hose on my ‘09 C30 T5. The previous owner had a sorry looking tube/hose installed between the two original elbow hoses that terminate at the in and out of the engine. I’ve looked high and low for a photo of how this new tube routes from A to B but I’m not having any luck. I’m hoping someone with a similar T5 can share a photo or video that details how this new part is installed. Thanks in advance for your collective help.

Photo is the old breather hose and the new one. Can you guess which one is which?

This hose - as far as I can tell - is not directly connected to the PCV housing. It routes separately.

·
Registered
2007 S40 2.4i AW55-50 / 2007 C70 T5 AW55-50
455 Posts
That pipe/hose goes from the turbo to the intake manifold. It is routed behind the camshaft sprockets. To replace it you’ll have to remove them.

This is the only picture I have right now. Later today I’ll try to upload more detailed pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I am replacing the Crankcase Breather Hose on my ‘09 C30 T5. The previous owner had a sorry looking tube/hose installed between the two original elbow hoses that terminate at the in and out of the engine. I’ve looked high and low for a photo of how this new tube routes from A to B but I’m not having any luck. I’m hoping someone with a similar T5 can share a photo or video that details how this new part is installed. Thanks in advance for your collective help.

Photo is the old breather hose and the new one. Can you guess which one is which?

This hose - as far as I can tell - is not directly connected to the PCV housing. It routes separately.

View attachment 124915
I would personally use some fuel line and re-route it just outside of the engine mount and forego the need to remove the cam sprockets etc. and allow for easier maintenance in the future.

Reactions: Sisujoel

·
Registered
2007 S40 2.4i AW55-50 / 2007 C70 T5 AW55-50
455 Posts
I would personally use some fuel line and re-route it just outside of the engine mount and forego the need to remove the cam sprockets etc. and allow for easier maintenance in the future.
That’s what probably the previous owner did.

If that was my car and I had to replace the timing belt then, I would go ahead and remove the sprockets while I’m already there. Otherwise I wouldn’t even consider it.
It is not fun to do all that work just for that pipe.

·
Registered
‘05 V50i; ‘09 C30 T5
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That pipe/hose goes from the turbo to the intake manifold. It is routed behind the camshaft sprockets. To replace it you’ll have to remove them.

This is the only picture I have right now. Later today I’ll try to upload more detailed pictures.

Just what I was looking for. Awesomeness.

·
Registered
‘05 V50i; ‘09 C30 T5
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s what probably the previous owner did.

If that was my car and I had to replace the timing belt then, I would go ahead and remove the sprockets while I’m already there. Otherwise I wouldn’t even consider it.
It is not fun to do all that work just for that pipe.

Thanks for that insight. I’m not a purist so your idea suits me just fine. Until the next timing belt joy ride...

Reactions: Facusan
1 - 6 of 6 Posts