SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for non-affiliated cars -- Craigslist Finds--- which we cycle monthly.

"We have no affiliation with these cars or sellers unless otherwise noted and cannot endorse them
but are putting them here for discussion and your own edification."

If you can, please copy and paste ads with the link including pictures so they might live beyond the posting.

I'll start:

Volvo S60 R 2007 300HP AWD - $16600 -- Denver -- Automatic
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3380797482.html

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Can I propose that CL finds from not well known cities be posted with state info? For example, most people don't need to know that Chicago is in northern Illinois, but where is the V50 post from Madison? I am figuring somewhere by north IN, south MI, but idk really.
Thanks....

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a total SCAM! I sent the seller an email and asked him for mileage and a call to set up a test drive. Here is what I recieved:

"Hello,
I`m glad that you are interested in my vehicle. It is for sale at the price shown in ad ($9000) I'm under enormous time pressure cause I need to sell it fast, before the 25th of November (my unit will be deployed in Qatar) that being the reason for selling it so low. It's in great condition, no mechanical or electrical issue, never involved in any accident, non-smoker, always garaged. It runs like new. I do have the title, clear, under my name. It is gently used with only 71,000 miles ! I can accept any test drive and mechanical inspection. The vehicle is in Fort Dodge IA, and in case it gets sold I can take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.

David Eldridge"

He then asked me to send him my contact info and cash payment. I want to see and drive the thing. Oh well, the search continues.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
This is a total SCAM! I sent the seller an email and asked him for mileage and a call to set up a test drive. Here is what I recieved:

"Hello,
I`m glad that you are interested in my vehicle. It is for sale at the price shown in ad ($9000) I'm under enormous time pressure cause I need to sell it fast, before the 25th of November (my unit will be deployed in Qatar) that being the reason for selling it so low. It's in great condition, no mechanical or electrical issue, never involved in any accident, non-smoker, always garaged. It runs like new. I do have the title, clear, under my name. It is gently used with only 71,000 miles ! I can accept any test drive and mechanical inspection. The vehicle is in Fort Dodge IA, and in case it gets sold I can take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.

David Eldridge"

He then asked me to send him my contact info and cash payment. I want to see and drive the thing. Oh well, the search continues.
Yeah he told me the car was in ohio. Is there a way we can report this to authorities?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 48 Posts