SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was filling up my wife's XC60R with gas and doing a visual inspection came across this....

As you can see from the pics, the crack is all the way through the spoke!

My wife drives this car to and from work each day, 15 miles or so, all interstate and a few normal roads - no potholes or road construction to speak of. The wheel has a small amount of curb rash but certainly nothing to warrant this!

I've got a call into Volvo to investigate and hope they'll honor this under warranty.

Either way, I'm in DESPERATE need of another wheel as we have a 1500 mile road trip coming up next Thursday! Can anyone help?

Thanks - Tom

[email protected]

·
Registered
837 Posts
I should know this, but does the XC60 have a full-size spare?

·
Registered
808 Posts
I would not drive the vehicle with the wheel looking like that, you're asking for trouble if you do. It appears that the crack may have been caused by the curb damage, so I'm not too confident that Volvo will cover it.

·
Banned
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would not drive the vehicle with the wheel looking like that, you're asking for trouble if you do. It appears that the crack may have been caused by the curb damage, so I'm not too confident that Volvo will cover it.
If curb rash can crack a wheel at the hub I'd seriously question the safety of these wheels in general. I know price has little to do with quality these days but these wheels retail at more than $600 each. That kind of price should offer higher quality that this...

·
Banned
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I just placed an order for a new wheel.

I must say, George at Viva has gone above and beyond to help me out, on thanksgiving no less.

Really awesome service, THANK YOU VIVA!!!

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I just placed an order for a new wheel.

I must say, George at Viva has gone above and beyond to help me out, on thanksgiving no less.

Really awesome service, THANK YOU VIVA!!!
Hope you are driving on the spare in the meantime. Or have it parked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts