SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cracked my rim(19's), inner lip, about 5mm, some say its minor. the car virbates all the way from slow to fast.

So i changed my rims back to 17's and the vibration all the way stops. however i have a slight vibration during acceleration from 0-40, after 40 seems to be smooth again.

What can it be? control arms?

getting my 19's repaired, no quote yet. ill get to know the price tomorrow.
1 is cracked and the other front is not straight.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
How big was the hole? If it was a bad enough spot that needed to be covered or filled the construction company or client may be liable. Was a bump sign out or somthing along those lines?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
pics!?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
yeah if there was no sign or anything they can be liable. sorry to hear man.

since your still getting a slight vibration you might wanna check your axles and or get your wheels balanced. - when was the last time you used the 17s ?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Damn man...they weren't even on for one week yet, right? That sucks big time.
omg i just noticed you cracked your vanilla's ... i feel so bad for you man.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got my rims fix, 2 cracks, and all 4 are bent.
I have installed my Winter rims and tires 17's and the car seems to shake from the seats.
After spending a lot of money going back to the indie and dealreship (back and fourth) just to investigate and inspect the cause of vibration.
My indie replaces a new OEM wheel bearing on the right front which did not fix the issue.

Out of frustration, i manually did raise my colis back to stock height. surprise!! the vibration is totaly gone.
Question is:

1) Why Others are slammed and did not casue vibration?
2) According to Volvo, the Drive shaft are in full stress when lowering the car more them 2.5 inches?

What are your experiences with your Coils? what is your ride height ? (Measure from ground to wheel arch)

please let me know, and thanks.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Damn, man. Sh!tty buzz. As you know, I'm on the same coilovers and they're as low as they can go. Now, I'm not sure if the AWD axles are different than FWD, but I am not getting any vibrations. The fix for that is to install 2007+ axles...apparently they're a tad longer or something. And unless you do all the work yourself, that's gonna be a hefty bill for labour.

As soon as I have access to a tape measure, I'll post up my measurements.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts