SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed yesterday while sitting in the passenger's side that there is a small line in the dashboard running towards the center of the car, I just hope a crack wont appear at that location later on.......I don't think it was there last week.....

......the car is only 700 miles.....maybe I will take a picture and post it...

....is this something common....??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Every XC60 we looked at had that line.

......I just noticed the crack 2 days after taking the car to the dealer for him to install the front camera that you can have in the grille.....
...and my imagination was already running wild thinking that maybe it was caused because they had to run cables below the dashboard, or that they had to take it apart for connecting the cables...etc etc....!!....LOL

Well, it's good to know that it was not caused by that......!!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
That is just a design cue in the passenger side of the dashboard; nothing to worry about here. Enjoy your XC60!

·
Registered
745 Posts
......I just noticed the crack 2 days after taking the car to the dealer for him to install the front camera that you can have in the grille.....
...and my imagination was already running wild thinking that maybe it was caused because they had to run cables below the dashboard, or that they had to take it apart for connecting the cables...etc etc....!!....LOL

Well, it's good to know that it was not caused by that......!!
We didn't notice ours until 4-5 days after we took delivery. Then I was like uhhh what is this? Had to go back to the dealer to pick up a trunk mat we ordered and the sales guy showed us 7 different XC60's on their lot, all had the same line. Some do see more pronounced then others. I think they mentioned it being a "styling design" but also something to do with the airbag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts