SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a 2018 V60CC T5 with CPO this year and am not 100% clear on what the CPO handles / can be voided if mods are done.

What can I do in terms of upgrades myself or is there pretty much nothing I can do outside of the polestar changes / options through Volvo directly to have it covered?

It looks like most of the V60 cool kid bits work on V60CC? I was looking at sway bar and strut bar, was hoping to find exhaust but don't want to jeopardize the warranty. Saw some posts of people having the dealership install the bars and some posts people saying dealerships wouldn't even install the heico exhaust for somebody.

This is coming from a 03 S40 which I've butchered it pretty good.

/Cheers

·
Registered
561 Posts
Modifying the car will not void the CPO warranty itself but anything you change out for aftermarket components will not be covered as well as if a failure is caused by that component. The CPO covers pretty much everything save for trim (although some bits like the front grill sticker are covered supposedly) and wear items (tires, brakes, etc.). For instance, I had some harsh shifting from P/N>D and that diagnostic and the time to do a readaptation of the transmission was covered as well as multiple replacements of the door hands due to the keyless function not working. Others have had transmissions, suspension bits, and other items covered.

For the CPO volvo has a document that states what is covered but it is a little vague. You can always talk to the dealer and they should be able to assist (After all they are who is going to have to work the claim with Volvo).

Dealers installing aftermarket parts will vary from dealer to dealer. I asked my dealer about doing and exhaust and they told me no, but other dealers have done aftermarket work. I know once dealer group had a "motorsports" part that wasn't one of the makes and they would do aftermarket wheels/tint/parts/etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Followup - could the V60CC have shipped with the front strut brace? Maybe with the polestar tune? Would they know / give me trouble for the oem part? Saw it on IPD and wanted to add it but have also seen some people posting they go through a lot of struts on the v60?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Followup - could the V60CC have shipped with the front strut brace? Maybe with the polestar tune? Would they know / give me trouble for the oem part? Saw it on IPD and wanted to add it but have also seen some people posting they go through a lot of struts on the v60?
Pop your hood to check for a brace - this should be an easy check.

RE: polestar tune, you may want to check your sales agreement or just call your dealership's service dept and give them your VIN.

The P3 V60 known issue is with the strut bearing - not so much the strut itself. Listen for clunking sounds when turning the wheel for that issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pop your hood to check for a brace - this should be an easy check.

RE: polestar tune, you may want to check your sales agreement or just call your dealership's service dept and give them your VIN.

The P3 V60 known issue is with the strut bearing - not so much the strut itself. Listen for clunking sounds when turning the wheel for that issue.
I know mine doesn't have it, but I wanted to know if it wasn't an option available.

Thank you for clarifying it being related to the strut bearing specifically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts