SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how much these typically (or should) go for?

(According to the Volvo CPO info page you can purchase additional coverage equal to 7-years/100K miles or 8-years/100K miles. The "standard" CPO warranty comes with 6-years/100K miles.)

·
Registered
75 Posts
You're talking about this right?

---

10. Protection Plus+
Now, you have the option to add Protection Plus+ to your Certified Pre-Owned Volvo. The Protection Plus+ Program covers your vehicle’s Factory Scheduled Maintenance (FSM) for 6 years or 100,000 miles, offering you a lower total cost of ownership and peace of mind.

Plus, you can opt for extended protection for your Certified Pre-Owned Volvo with Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Volvo Increased Protection (VIP), which includes:
• TotalCare® coverage
• Extended protection of your Volvo Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Coverage out to 7 years or 8 years and up to 100,000 miles.
• $0 and $100 Deductible Options.
This is available to owners of Volvo Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles with one month and 1,000 miles of the Volvo Certified Pre-Owned warranty remaining. Contact your local Volvo retailer for details.

---
My dealer told me that if I wanted the additional miles/years on the CPO, I had to purchase those at the time I purchased the CPO'd car but I had already read the above on the Volvo website so it appears he either didn't know what he's talking about or... he was just trying to push me into buying something right then and there in fear that couldn't do it later. They did tell me a price but I can't remember what it was. I think it was $2500 or something like that. Don't quote me on that though. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Actually I was referring to at the top where they say "You can also purchase additional coverage equal to 7-years/100,000 miles or 8-years/100,000 miles." Maybe it's the same thing?

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
The 2 year/50k mile CPO extension costs the dealer $1295 or do. (from 4/50 to 6/100).

For each year over that, each additional year costs much more than the original $1295 extension and I've never seen the value in it.

If you're quoted $2500 per year, just keep the money in an investment vehicle and self insure.

Now, if the vehicle has like 1 year or less of warranty left and has low(er) miles, I can see where it would make sense adding time to the CPO warranty. If this is the case, I would want to review the service history of the vehicle in question.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now, if the vehicle has like 1 year or less of warranty left and has low(er) miles, I can see where it would make sense adding time to the CPO warranty. If this is the case, I would want to review the service history of the vehicle in question.
That is indeed the case -- I'd be wanting to add time to an existing CPO warranty that had less than a year left or so, with around 60-80K miles.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
I was thinking along the lines of 30-40k miles.

At 80k miles, don't think it's worth it for an additional 20k miles of coverage.

All depends on service and maintenance history.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts