SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
As hard as tearing half the car down and building it up again, which is what you'd have to do. Not worth the cost or time.

·
Registered
656 Posts
They is guy selling a 5 seater up by me on craigslist and he keeps putting in his listing that is a seven seat capable SUV. Driving me nuts.

It's really not that easy to add the third row.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They is guy selling a 5 seater up by me on craigslist and he keeps putting in his listing that is a seven seat capable SUV. Driving me nuts.

It's really not that easy to add the third row.
Maybe he means its a 7 seater capable and it convert to 5, I don't see a way how u can add 2 more seats to a suv unless u re do the all interior and thats going to cost u.. Hope it help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
Maybe he means its a 7 seater capable and it convert to 5, I don't see a way how u can add 2 more seats to a suv unless u re do the all interior and thats going to cost u.. Hope it help

Nope. I called him when I was looking to buy an xc90, and he said it does not have the third row.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, i have a 7 seater and like i said I don't see a way unless u spend lots of noney doing the convertion.. Good kuck, and let me add i had never used the 3rd row u could fit 6 people confty in a 5 seatter theres pmenty of legroom, hope it help

·
Registered
656 Posts
We have yet to use the third row. But we wanted it so we can take one car when the grandparents want to come with us to the zoo or something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, yes defenetly a 7 seater will be better for u, hope u find it for a good price, good luck

·
Registered
656 Posts
I found one already. Got an 06 2.5t with 99,000 miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did this conversion on my 5-seater this february. The main reason: rarely we need to carry neighbor's children home from school or sometimes we travel with grandparents.
A friend of mine (who is working for a junkyard) gave me a complete second and third row seat set with the necessary auxiliary components (seatbelts, C pillar covers, cargo floor panels, etc.) Please keep in mind that you will need more components, just the seats aren't enough.

The assembly part can be done on a weekend. When you have basic skills and tools the work itself is not so hard. Eventually you can't get complete, "factory-like" solution, because 7-seaters have different springs for rear wheels, etc. and the ventillation will also be disfunctional for the third row because of the missing blower motor, connectors and vent pipes.

You will need new second row as well, because 7-seaters have different seat mechanism on the second row which allows you to enter the third row. (Second row seats "fold and slide" in once for easy entering.) Please be sure you have all necessary components before disassembling your car :)

So the project is possible and you can achieve fair good results for your temporary transportation needs.

·
3,391 Posts
I'd say that the way to make sure you have all the parts is to start with a 7 seater parts car on hand so you know you have all of the necessary parts since they're countless. I have done the swap before, but by using the complete back half of the interior of a parts XC90. Also please note that the rear seatbelt pretensioners won't work. Most 7 passenger vehicles of the time don't even have third row seatbelt pretensioners so it's not a HUGE issue, but something that should be considered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts