SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in about November I was on my way home from work in my moms s80, early fall plus dark out..a deer jumped right in front of me. I was going 55-60mph. I didn't have time to think and my natural reaction was to swerve, I jerked the wheel and went into the left lane into oncoming traffic and my back end slid out behind me, I tried to get back into my lane but went a little too far and hit the guard rail and slid down it. When the police got there they said I was very lucky to be alive 1) because I was able to control my car and get back in my lane but 2) mostly because of how heavy my car was. They said most cars hitting a guard rail at the speed would have crumpled and been totaled and I likely would have been hurt. I cried for hours because I love the car so much. Luckily it wasn't bad enough to be totaled and it took a while but the car was finally repaired and came back to us in even better shape than before(it had a hole from a rock in the old front bumper) I was perfectly fine after the accident and even drove the car home, then the next day drove it the 20 miles to where it was repaired. I'm now buying my own car and wouldn't want anything else so of course I'm getting a c30. The first 2 pictures are before, then the accident, and finally after.
(2006 awd s80 executive edition)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Once you get your C30, you should start AutoXing. That'll teach you everything you need to know about how to handle cars at the most extreme limits, how to sense all aspects of the car, plus it'll be some of the most fun you've ever had.

Welcome to the forum! Glad a Volvo and your driving were able to save your life!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts