SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14,126 Posts
Thanks for sharing - wish I was in the market.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
It won’t get better than this deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel like them singling out RD and Inscription points to the fact that those aren't selling well.
I'm looking to maybe get one by the end of June (or even May). Going to push for a huge discount, otherwise - no point. I can wait.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
While I'm mainly looking at a V90CC, the S60 might be an option at the right price. How much is the employee (A plan?) discount?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While I'm mainly looking at a V90CC, the S60 might be an option at the right price. How much is the employee (A plan?) discount?
Here
I'd be shooting for like $9,000 off MSRP total though.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Here
I'd be shooting for like $9,000 off MSRP total though.

So the Costco deal is worth ~16% discount off sticker. I'm not sure you can do better than that but it's certainly possible. I negotiated a deal that was better than A plan. Go for it!

It would never happen, imo, without the added Costco money......jmo

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the Costco deal is worth ~16% discount off sticker. I'm not sure you can do better than that but it's certainly possible. I negotiated a deal that was better than A plan. Go for it!

It would never happen, imo, without the added Costco money......jmo

Last year I got a deal better than A-Plan, but it also included extra Costco money.
Dealers can take off as much as they want and add Costco discount. Not sure how it works for them, but I got about 17% off on my XC60. I'd expect to be at least around that with the S60.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Last year I got a deal better than A-Plan, but it also included extra Costco money.
Dealers can take off as much as they want and add Costco discount. Not sure how it works for them, but I got about 17% off on my XC60. I'd expect to be at least around that with the S60.

Yep, when these Costco deals are running its the best time to buy.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Yep, that's why I might go with S60 over another XC60 just because it'll be (hopefully) significantly cheaper.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Yep, that's why I might go with S60 over another XC60 just because it'll be (hopefully) significantly cheaper.

We couldn't be happier with our S60 and always choose it now over our SUV. Before buying it we always chose the SUV over our BMW coupe.....

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We couldn't be happier with our S60 and always choose it now over our SUV. Before buying it we always chose the SUV over our BMW coupe.....

I have to say I can appreciate both at the moment, having spent the day driving S60.
The biggest benefit of getting it would be to have two very distinct cars in the household.
I've settled on the sedan I want too: T6 R-Design, Osmium Grey, Advanced, Polestar.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have to say I can appreciate both at the moment, having spent the day driving S60.
The biggest benefit of getting it would be to have two very distinct cars in the household.
I've settled on the sedan I want too: T6 R-Design, Osmium Grey, Advanced, Polestar.

You will LOVE IT! I Too like variety, we have a 2017 XC90, a new S60 and a mint 1981 Fiat Spider 2000 convertible.....a car for all moods.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts

Actually, the best time to buy is when there is a model year change over, end of the fiscal month. Costco deal or not, but how about someone stating how much they saved under vehicle dealer invoice. MSRP/sticker saving is worthless. No one pays sticker unless you have cash to burn and if you do you're not buying a volvo....

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Who mentioned sticker?

The Costco deal is a $3,000 bonus on top of what you can negotiate with the starting point being the A Plan pricing. i used the Costco deal to get 14% off of sticker a couple of months ago and would've loved to then get a nice $3k in additional discount off of that!!! I'm not sure if that is doable but based on last years Costco deal people were getting ridiculously great deals.....

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So the Costco deal brings down the S60 R to $42k? That's crazy good.
It'll depend on:
1. MSRP of said R-Design; considering they start under $50K
2. Willingness of the dealership to throw more discounts on top of Costco.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Just picked up my T6 R-design (fully loaded with P*) today due to this costco deal and the 9 month buy ahead from VCF.

MSRP was well over $57k.

Then came the discounts. Saved a total of $5000 off (costco, loyalty, lease bonus) my dealer invoice cost and the payment was over $100/month LESS than my fully loaded T5 S90 and insurance dropped over $12/month :thumbup::D

We had to do a dealer trade to get it because only 3 S60's existed in the eastern half of the USA with options I wanted in Fusion Red.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts