SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Costco went shopping with the wife and kids.

They have cases of 6 of the 12 oz bottles (the smaller ones) for $12.99 plus tax. I usually buy the bigger 20 oz bottles, but for the price I couldn't pass it up. The normal price is $19.99 and they do this rebate right at the register. These are the bottles that just say injector cleaner on them, not fuel system cleaner.

Every body needs some PEA! :cool:

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I have hesitated top pick these up before. What's the difference between the branded "Fuel System cleaner" and "Injector Cleaner"?

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
I'm under the impression the "Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner" is the more powerful, superior product.

Edit: My recollection is the "experts" say that this is just a concentrated version of the cleaners you should typically be finding in your fuel from the station as long as the fuel from the station is of a reasonable quality. I generally trust the fuel I'm getting from the station and have not found my caRs to have troubles running, so I don't usually use this for the caRs. I have, however, found that the concentrate product works VERY WELL on carbureted engines. Specifically, I've used this to clean or maintain the cleanliness and function of the carburetor on everything I have from ATV's and motorcycles to chainsaws and leaf blowers. One time in particular makes me recommend this product and I've received feedback from those I gave recommendations that they also had very good results. In my case, one of my ATVs started having a hard time running smoothly without keeping the choke pulled slightly out. After running a tank treated with concentrate, the ATV returned to perfect running condition. Now, having continued to treat the fuel for this vehicle, I've never had troubles again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.