SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought a cpo 2010 xc60 with 65000 miles on it.

in talking to the dealer about getting the protection plus program, he suggested that i dont do that since that would be more costly than paying out of pocket for each visit.

i would have four more services before going over 100000. dont know how much the protection plus program will cost, but would anyone have an idea what the 67500, 75000, 82500 and 90000 services entail and what they may cost?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i really like it. just got my car back and i must say i like it better than the s60 t5 loaner car. not as zippy but very strong. the s60 is a bit too jittery for my taste. the xc will pull hard if you hit the gas or it can be very civil.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so my service buy at the dealership handed me a service schedule. its sayd every 6 months or 3750 mile there should be an oil change. which means that occurs between the 7500 prevention service intervals. is that right? do you all bring the car in at 3750 intervals?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
so my service buy at the dealership handed me a service schedule. its sayd every 6 months or 3750 mile there should be an oil change. which means that occurs between the 7500 prevention service intervals. is that right? do you all bring the car in at 3750 intervals?
Sounds like the dealer knows the service dept could use a little more business! ;) The only way I would regularly change the oil @ 3750 would be hitting the 6 month mark since the last service; that is, I would change the oil for cold weather and warm weather at the very least, even with low mileage. So, for me, 7500 miles OR 6 months, whichever comes first.

Also, I never pre-pay for services unless there is a significant discount or other incentive(BIG incentive). I did buy the 36K package at Acura since I would take it to the dealer for each of those services anyway and there was a discount(nowhere near the cost of Volvo factory maintenance, BTW...glad we've got the S&S on the C70!!!).

That CPO certification carries the warranty to 100K miles, yes? I wouldn't 'double up' on 'protection' by buying a service/warranty plan.

Each dealer will have their own scheduled costs for the recommended services. Some might be climate related or specific to the vehicle, so the real cost of each interval service will vary somewhat. Only the servicing dealer can quote the precise cost of the visits.

In such a high-mileage XC60, I'd be concerned about the battery condition and the brakes(I actually had the REAR pads replaced in the high 30K range and traded with 56K on the clock). In that time, we had three batteries. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts