SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now we know that Apple CarPlay is free for all FE owners and XC90s delivered by 11/23. What is cost for the rest of us? Will we pay a one-time charge? Will it be a monthly charge? Anyone have any idea?

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I'd imagine a one time charge, CarPlay is not a monthly type subscription thing, but how much that one time charge will be for CarPlay I do not know.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I'd imagine a one time charge, CarPlay is not a monthly type subscription thing, but how much that one time charge will be for CarPlay I do not know.
Yes, it will be a one time purchase. Price to be announced soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Grecian,

I'm curious on your thoughts on this fact pattern:

My wife purchased an xc90 through OSD which was delivered to us in Gothenburg on Nov 9th and is scheduled to be at our dealership around Christmas. Because the car was already delivered to us, would it be eligible for the complimentary CarPlay or does delivery constitute, for complimentary CarPlay purposes, delivery to the actual us dealership.

Appreciate your time and any thoughts you have, I would ask our contact at the dealership but he seems to finds things out way after people on these boards do.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Grecian,

I'm curious on your thoughts on this fact pattern:

My wife purchased an xc90 through OSD which was delivered to us in Gothenburg on Nov 9th and is scheduled to be at our dealership around Christmas. Because the car was already delivered to us, would it be eligible for the complimentary CarPlay or does delivery constitute, for complimentary CarPlay purposes, delivery to the actual us dealership.

Appreciate your time and any thoughts you have, I would ask our contact at the dealership but he seems to finds things out way after people on these boards do.
Yes. For an OSD unit, the actual delivery date is when you sign for it in Europe. Therefore, your car will be eligible for a complimentary Apple CarPlay download.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts