SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

Well after dixing all my boost problem and getting my car running probably, I am looking to enhance the look by adding the stripes everyone adding or painting my brale caliper to a suitable but the thing is not many colours goes well my car, so I am lookibg for suggestions, advice, anything that might help me find a colour that goes well with my car

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
First spend your money and have it professionally detailed.
That thing has scratches all over what we can see of it all wet and dirty.
Then take some GOOD shots and we can make better suggestions

Cosmic blue is a shade or two lighter than Nautic blue but not by much, it's still a Navy blue
(IMO) if you want a contrast, bright silver or yellow will work well, silver obviously being more conservative.

BTW, "stripes everywhere" usually do not go well on an S60

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well let's just say the last owner didnt really care for the car was it engine or body wise,(spend some time fixing every problen left behind by the last owner), and I do plan on detailing and painting the whole car but for the time being, I rather spend my money on more critical stuff,
the first 2 pictures shows the car very well and It was cleaned prior to taking the picture.
And no adding stripes does not equal "stripes everywhere"
but thanks for your effort, I really appretiate it

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
I think JRL is onto something. The color is pretty and I'd bet the clarity and depth that could be had by a detail or clay bar could make your car 250% better. If you really wanted stripes a subtle shade different of blue could be sharp. Or if contrast is needed I agree with tasteful silver or maybe a bolder move is orange. Got an idea of placement or precedent images of s60s you've seen? On driver fender only?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I do agree with you, the car would look a 1000 times better after being detailed and painted, but I simply cant afford it right now, But I do plan on doing that the next few months.
Orange.....never thought of it before... And I'll be checking it out

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
You can do the detailing yourself. Save a lot of money by spending some elbow grease. ;-)
First get a paint cleaner and something that will remove the imperfections at the surface level, and then coat it with a high-content carnauba wax. Don't use crap that is full of petroleum distillates... FEED the paint (don't dry it out), and it will be happy.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
for the time being, I rather spend my money on more critical stuff,
So, will stripes make it go faster or corner better?
Seriously, you own a conservative vehicle. The best way to improve its looks will also be conservative. Like change out those mirrors for 04+. Get your not-so-black trim black again. Tethys wheels are nice, but as long as they are on the car, stripes will make it look like a Hot Wheels mockup. Do your wheels, mirrors, trim and detail before going all crazy with add-ons. What may look surprisingly good (and no one's done it before) might be a large matte-black hood decal - like the ones old Chargers used to have and are on the new Super Bees and SRT8s. You could put it on with Plasti-Dip and peel it off anytime you like. Just subtle enough to suggest power w/o kicking you in the nuts and screaming it on the top of your lungs.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
That is a nice color combo. Agree with thaxman also. Subtlety is the great thing about these cars AND you have a t5 setup. It's plenty quick, and Volvo is understated luxury. Sharp enough to be looked upon with high respect and yet not exotic enough to cost too much. Keep it simple. You'll be happier.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I have no desirecin showering the car with stripes and decals, I did install a silver stripe and it goes well with my wheels, I'll post some pictures later, I like the idea of painting the hood plastidip black I might try it sometime when I find a plasti spray can, and yes about the mirrors and other parts I have my eyes on a rear bumper and rear taillights from an 2007 s60, sadly the front bumper and the wlside mirrors are totalled.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Back in high school a buddy of mine had white racing stripes going over the top of his blue metallic S70. Kind of like what you see on SS Chevelles. It was loud as hell for a Volvo but it was a good color combo. He also painted the calipers white.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you, yes it turned out better than what expected, Now I am done with cosemtic addon, now to more important stuff, getting my car to factory condition!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
As primised, here is the final results
Well, I have to say it looks like it was done professionally. Now that I have a better idea what part of the world you are in - and what I mean is that the closer you get to the Equator, the more it is expected to have bold custom design elements on your car - I think this is tasteful and appropriate. But I think I still need to harp on you about the fading black trim. I used Plasti-Dip and have had good results over the last year.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha, Well now that you know which part of the world I am in I have to explain somethings, I am a student studying outside my country, and this country happens to have a peace treaty with the country I am from, that's why i'ts kind of hard for me to paint or fix everythibg wrong with the car, now about the fading trim I do plan on painting it the same colour as the exterior, It would give the car a fresher newer look, where I am from, Volvos are looked down upon as an inferior slow machinery and the GTis and Wrx/Sti evos are praised and worshipped, the looks I get when people hear that my car is fast and strong is priseless, I am sure every one of you has had the same encounter, So let's just say I broke the rule everone follow by getting a Volvo,

About the broken glass, I am not really sure either it was hit by a rock or tge same guy who hit my right fender broke it and tgat's another story to tell.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.