SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that the long, arduous process of getting my R to 100% working order may have finally culminated in something. The CEL came on the other day with reduced performance, I pinned it on the ECU not liking having a new crankshaft sensor. I flashed the ecu back to stock tune (i'm leaving it like that for daily driving, i have no use for 20 psi and its not good for the engine/milage) and reset it with the 6/23 fuses. CEL came back today after ~20 miles of driving and I got p2177 (lean condition right) from my regular OBDII and ecm 21ec/ecm 212c from the autotech softloader (vida is on its way, but im making do for now). so to my understanding this is likely due to loose/cracked lines, most likely from my dad being slightly rough when he was trying to get the elevate air box out. it also could be a bad fuel pump. i'm gonna test the fuel pressure and see if its the 50-55 psi it should be and im also going to check as many lines as i can and make sure they're all good.

SO, the point of all of this is that the car is hesitant to start sometimes (turns over an extra 1-2 times and stutters) and when it starts it sometimes struggles for a little before settling down (i can hear stuttering from the exhaust as well as visible gaps between the exhaust clouds) and has only been boosting at 7 psi since i reset the ecu to get the CEL to go away.

this can all be explained by a bad/going fuel pump or lines as well as some cracked/loose vac lines/pipes? please say yes :facepalm:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
or know someone who can do it and have it done now :p

but that sounds like a reasonable diagnosis for the symptoms, right? just for some (albeit possibly temporary) peace of mind for an already stressed college student :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts