SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yes, I have access to scales at a shop I work with.

Why ? What do you want to know ? I'm nearly stock with only TME springs and TKI endlinks.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PM'd.

If anyone else has info with stock springs let me know.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
i'm on TME's and corner weighted my VR with and without rear seats. With interior it was LF-1112 RF-1087. LR-882 RR-814 for a cross weight of 50.55%. With the rear seats removed it was, LF-1113 RF-1070. LR-846 RR-766 for a cross weight of 50.49. Pretty decent cross weight numbers for a factory car

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
i'm on TME's and corner weighted my VR with and without rear seats. With interior it was LF-1112 RF-1087. LR-882 RR-814 for a cross weight of 50.55%. With the rear seats removed it was, LF-1113 RF-1070. LR-846 RR-766 for a cross weight of 50.49. Pretty decent cross weight numbers for a factory car
Actually I think that works out to a 58% to 42% Front-to-Rear weight ratio with the seats out and a very nice 51% to 49% front-to-rear ratio with the seats in. I would definitely leave the seats in.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Why would you really care about corner weights without any way to change them? The stock suspension does not have ride height adjustment.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Local member who doesn't post much here weighed his car with him in it at a truck stop, ended up being 3,808 lbs with a full tank of gas.

I don't know if that's what you're looking for but whatever.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey, 51-49 is really good. No need tracking w/o seats if they screws up the ratio so much. Better take out the front passenger seat and drive with a lighter race-seat. Gave me some ideas.. :)

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Actually I think that works out to a 58% to 42% Front-to-Rear weight ratio with the seats out and a very nice 51% to 49% front-to-rear ratio with the seats in. I would definitely leave the seats in.
when we set up race cars we set the weight from corner to corner not front to back. Those numbers were taken with me in the driver seat and i weigh around 165lbs. total weight is 3895 with seats 3795 with seats out. and yes there's no way to adjust corner weights on our cars, i was doing it just for the fun of it.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comments fellas, hopefully someone has an SR they can share info on....

·
Registered
685 Posts
knowledge is power
Great. So what are you going to do with that knowledge, considering you can't do anything with it? Are you going to ballast corners to adjust corner weights, because that is about the only thing you can do with a stock suspension.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Great. So what are you going to do with that knowledge, considering you can't do anything with it? Are you going to ballast corners to adjust corner weights, because that is about the only thing you can do with a stock suspension.
why are you posting in a thread you dont care about? find somewhere else to troll. please.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Grow up. It's a legitimate question- with the stock suspension, there is no ride height adjustment, which is what is commonly used to corner-weight a car. That's the reason why coilover suspension setups have threaded spring collars.

Without this type of adjustment, knowing the corner weights only tells you what is the static balance of the car. That knowledge is only useful if you are trying to change the static balance of the car. Ideally, you want your cross-weights to be 50/50 on both sides. There may be cases where you want a different cross-weight, but you typically check the cross-weights with the driver's weight in the driver's seat, to get an accurate assessment of the weight, along with the wheels and tires and any other variables that you would range (usually in a race car) before making adjustments.

If you can't make any ride height adjustments, that's about as useful as getting windage and elevation settings for your sights in order to hit the intended target perfectly but without having any ammo for your rifle. What are you going to do, ballast the corners with lead weights? Adjusting fuel level is more reasonable, depending on how much of an effect it has, although the fuel tank is well within the wheelbase of the car and down low, so it would presumably not affect the cross-weights significantly.

The OP posted the question without posting an explanation publicly- I'll let him do that. His is an interesting approach to a problem, I won't say more than that.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Those cross weights are excellent for a factory car, although your TME springs will affect the corner weights- to what degree, I wouldn't know without getting the corner weights of the stock setup. It doesn't sound like removing the rear seats did all that much- 0.06% change is negligible.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good news. I'm getting my stock R weighed for free on Friday. I'll post the results when I have them.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Those cross weights are excellent for a factory car, although your TME springs will affect the corner weights- to what degree, I wouldn't know without getting the corner weights of the stock setup. It doesn't sound like removing the rear seats did all that much- 0.06% change is negligible.
yeah i agree the change is cross weights wasn't much but losing 100 pounds helps, especially when you have a instructor adding weight to your passenger seat. Car felt very neutral on track for the most part aside from my terrible brakes

1 - 20 of 28 Posts