SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are leaving in one week to pick up our XC90! So....I'm starting to organize everything and I see in the Volvo Home Shipment Program brochure under "Bringing Your Documents" that U.S. citizens need to show proof of your social security number (copy of your social security card). Is this true? Has anyone NOT been asked to provide this when turning in your car?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Has anyone NOT been asked to provide this when turning in your car?
Me.

I believe they asked for my driver's license and/or passport. SS card never came up nor did I bring it back in 2018 July. Maybe things have changed? Hopefully someone who took delivery more recently can comment.

Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
917 Posts
No one asked for SS Card from us.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
It is listed for completeness I think. Driver license and passport are good enough.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60

·
Registered
32 Posts
We are leaving in one week to pick up our XC90! So....I'm starting to organize everything and I see in the Volvo Home Shipment Program brochure under "Bringing Your Documents" that U.S. citizens need to show proof of your social security number (copy of your social security card). Is this true? Has anyone NOT been asked to provide this when turning in your car?
We did the FDC/shipment in mid-January; passport and driver license was all they wanted to see.

Enjoy the trip - and the new wheels!!!! Post pictures please ;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I remember seeing that on the checklist, and thus took a copy with me. As I recall, the folks at the Munich airport dropoff facility did not ask for it. That said, why not simply take a copy as you don't want something so easy to do to create a glitch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We did OSD recently and I saw this requirement before going on the trip. I emailed FDC and they said I need it. When I picked up and dropped off the car, all they looked at was my driver's license.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I remember seeing that on the checklist, and thus took a copy with me. As I recall, the folks at the Munich airport dropoff facility did not ask for it. That said, why not simply take a copy as you don't want something so easy to do to create a glitch.
Mainly because our SS cards are in the safe deposit box at the bank and with everything else I have to get done, I didn't want to go in there, get the cards, go somewhere to get copies, go back to the bank, blah, blah, blah....just complaining. it's not a huge deal. I just thought it strange that anyone in Sweden would want to see it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
When I did my OSD last year all they wanted to see was my driver's license and passport.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I made a copy of mine and will take it, just in case, but won’t offer it unless they ask. We are dropping off in Amsterdam which seems less common, so I thought it best to be prepared.

Seems like I remember reading other posts where US customs contacts people asking to email their SSN...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
Mainly because our SS cards are in the safe deposit box at the bank and with everything else I have to get done, I didn't want to go in there, get the cards, go somewhere to get copies, go back to the bank, blah, blah, blah....just complaining. it's not a huge deal. I just thought it strange that anyone in Sweden would want to see it.
Why are we beating such a simple issue to death? Every bank branch I've ever visited has a copy machine. Failing that, take a photo of your card with your phone.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Well there ya go......thanks for the clarification!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just came back from my OSD trip yesterday. I was at the FDC on Monday March 16th and the Social Security card/number never came up. I didn't even need to buy winter tires even though it wasn't after March 31st.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just came back from my OSD trip yesterday. I was at the FDC on Monday March 16th and the Social Security card/number never came up. I didn't even need to buy winter tires even though it wasn't after March 31st.
You must have been one of the last ones to currently go through the Volvo FDC - congrats! From what I've read it closed on March 17th! Would love to hear a little more detail about your experience if you don't mind!

·
Registered
50 Posts
There were three names on the board at the FDC (counting my own). We were the only ones that showed up. The other two people (also from the USA according to the board) never showed up. So, yes, we may well have been the last OSD people to make it to the FDC before it was all shutdown.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts