SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Cooper tires on their XC60? Looking for good all season tire for 2015.5 T6 Drive-E front wheel drive. Cooper Discoverer HTP or SRX keep coming up with the usual others, as a good possibility for replacement. Just wondering if anyone else has tried them and if so, did they perform to your satisfaction? Thanks

·
Registered
760 Posts
When I bought my V70 (used), the dealer put a new set of Cooper Zeon ZPT on the car. Worst tires ever, loud & harsh ride. I took them off as quick as I could and got a set of recognized brand. Anything is better than Cooper ... from my experience, don't do it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I bought my V70 (used), the dealer put a new set of Cooper Zeon ZPT on the car. Worst tires ever, loud & harsh ride. I took them off as quick as I could and got a set of recognized brand. Anything is better than Cooper ... from my experience, don't do it.
Thanks for your feedback. Appreciated and noted.
-Lexi

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I was a young driver and got my first vehicle (a Chevy S-10 Tahoe), I really liked Cooper tires. I though they were great value and served me well through my first several years on the road. Later however, as I bought higher-end vehicles, I found that Cooper tires developed flat spots and didn't last as long as they used to (granted numerous factors can contribute to both). I feel that Cooper tires are not of the same quality they were once known for. My father used to swear by them for many years, as did I, but they just failed me too many times over the last decade or so. Won't ever go back.

I will, however, share this: I replaced all four tires on my 2010 T6 a few months ago. I had Pirelli Scorpions that lasted about 45k and started wearing unevenly. After searching and searching, I discovered "Vredsteins Quatrac 5" on Tire Rack. I'd never heard of them, but they had a LOT of positive reviews and the price was right for me. Manufactured in Denmark or the Netherlands. We've driven them about 7,000 miles since January, which included all manner of driving conditions: high-speed (90+mph jaunts along I-10, snow and ice driving in town, and torrential, monsoon-like rain in Alabama. So far, the tires have won my heart and mind. They wear very evenly (so far) and their wet traction is better than any other all-season SUV tire I've ever used. I will add, however, that they are a bit more noisy than any other set of tires we ever mounted on the car, which is really the only complaint I have so far.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I was a young driver and got my first vehicle (a Chevy S-10 Tahoe), I really liked Cooper tires. I though they were great value and served me well through my first several years on the road. Later however, as I bought higher-end vehicles, I found that Cooper tires developed flat spots and didn't last as long as they used to (granted numerous factors can contribute to both). I feel that Cooper tires are not of the same quality they were once known for. My father used to swear by them for many years, as did I, but they just failed me too many times over the last decade or so. Won't ever go back.

I will, however, share this: I replaced all four tires on my 2010 T6 a few months ago. I had Pirelli Scorpions that lasted about 45k and started wearing unevenly. After searching and searching, I discovered "Vredsteins Quatrac 5" on Tire Rack. I'd never heard of them, but they had a LOT of positive reviews and the price was right for me. Manufactured in Denmark or the Netherlands. We've driven them about 7,000 miles since January, which included all manner of driving conditions: high-speed (90+mph jaunts along I-10, snow and ice driving in town, and torrential, monsoon-like rain in Alabama. So far, the tires have won my heart and mind. They wear very evenly (so far) and their wet traction is better than any other all-season SUV tire I've ever used. I will add, however, that they are a bit more noisy than any other set of tires we ever mounted on the car, which is really the only complaint I have so far.
Thanks. Based on your information and the reviews I read on Tirerack, these will most likely be my choice. Probably be replacing current tires with the Vredstein Quatrac 5’s by November. Appreciate the enlightening-I had never heard of these tires prior to your post. Thanks-Lexi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts