SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a manul swap into my project car...lots of engine mods...think of one... chances are we are doing it...so is the manual trans radiator lacking the auto trans cooler ??? if so when I put my new rad in I need to get one built for a manual car vs. auto?? also not alot of turbo manuals......any thoughts will be helpfull

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Sup Bob! Yea man, the radiators are different, but it's no worries. You just need to plug up the holes and you're fine. No need to swap them.

Not sure what you mean by the lack of turbo manuals, but if you're saying you can't find one....they never made a manual turbo 850 for the states. Just Europe.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yo..how you doing...I am doing so much work to the project motor I want to add a new radiator to help protect all my new internal parts...I want to use a manual radiator thinking it might have more cooling power since it doesn't have the trans cooler space..all engine cooling space..and do i need an oil cooler ????...Please let me know....And we just bought a red R wagon in MD...need parts or are you coming this way again soon...LOL..I love torque steer...bob

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I'm good, can't complain!

Oil cooler - A lot of people throw on a 99+ oil pan, since it has a built on oil cooler. You may want to check that out. I don't know a lot about it though, since I haven't done it yet.

You just bought a wagon? NICE. Umm, I was just down there two weekends ago, so I don't have any new plans yet. Do you need someone to drive it down there, or is it in parts? My sister and bro-in-law might be coming up here to visit me in Juneish. If you/we can't figure anything else out by then, they can bring things back. What do you need?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
When I replaced the radiator in my T5M the new OEM radiator was the same part number for manual
and autos. Parts guy said that was all that they used now. The stock one comes with plugs for
the transmission cooler connections and you just leave them in. One tip is to cut a slit/small hole in the
plugs so they won't work their way out as they are heated and cooled (the air behind it is contracting and
expanding, as it heats and cools, and that can work the plug out).

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
What's your price range?

Dude, I JUST missed out on a set of 18" pegs on craigslist.....guy wanted $200 for them, perfect shape. I was so pissed I missed that deal, LOL.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know I'm a cheap bastard...100.00 each....don't really care about condition as far as paint goes...I can fix most any curb rash...I gotta guy who can do bends ....would really like to pay less...but know they are popular. 17"s are a maybe...bob

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Damn, that's going to be hard to do. I'll keep my eye out though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts