SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A couple months ago I did an emergency coolant hose repair. One of the heater hoses sheared at the block, so I cut it at the shear and reattached it now 1" shorter knowing it was temporary. Well, hoses for the entire system came in yesterday except for crimped hoses, which are beyond my skill level, and I was planning to drain the system tonight and get it all going tomorrow knowing that I had a 3 day weekend in case I hit a snag. Well, I didn't plan well enough, and I find myself without a thermostat housing and coolant, and I no longer live in a real city, so can't just make a trip to the dealer (I called - no t-stat in stock in Pensacola anyway).The big snag is that I don't have blue coolant. I rarely have had the need to remove the reservoir cap, but with the repair over the summer, I am certain it was green, so I am looking to flush it all out and put in Pentosin NF. If I was pulling the t-stat I imagine I could flush it really quickly cold, BUT without that option, what is the best way to proceed? Go green basic import glycol; run until hot, then flush and fill with NF? or put this off until I have a T-stat?

158,000 mi on the clock BTW

1 - 1 of 1 Posts