SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car has been running well since my last post on the coolant/overheating issue. I get the lovely CEL and this code:

With these other pics.....

A/C running. CEL popped on after I exited highway and had been on residential streets for about 6 blocks. :(:facepalm::thumbdown:

Hoping it's a one-off and doesn't come back.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I'm thinking too as it has gone from one extreme to the other. Has been taking forever to get up to operating temp.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
guessing ...coolant temp sensor going bad that located in coolant thermostat housing and usually comes as a one assembly unit .

I found the sensor by itself. Wondering if I should spring for the entire setup or not. Will determine tomorrow. Drat....spoke too soon. It's just the switch.....
Is the 90* version a good option?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
If you car isn't getting upto temperature, which is why the p0128 code sets, it is because the thermostat is stuck open and allows full coolant flow instead of regulating it. As dougy mentioned.

Just replace the whole assembly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
My s60 did the same thing, and it would never even reach operating temp in the winder unless I was in traffic. I eventually got the code above. A new housing fixed everything and it warms up nice and quick now

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
yes, you go there once 100 - 150 ,000 miles or so and it is labor/time consuming, get the whole housing and get genuine VOLVO OEM...don't cheap out over saving 30$.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes, you go there once 100 - 150 ,000 miles or so and it is labor/time consuming, get the whole housing and get genuine VOLVO OEM...don't cheap out over saving 30$.
Got it. Used nothing but OEM on my last Volvo so not going to change that now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts