SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The search is not working for me . . .

So how much fluid comes out when I drain the radiator?
Will one gallon of the volvo fluid be enough?

Anyone use something other than volvo coolant long term? any issues?

By the looks of it, I 'll have to remove the top hose to re fill and then top off in the overflow?
How does one bleed any air out of the system?

Thanks
Rock n Roll

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Duuuude...

Just lossen the hex bolt on the bottom of the radiator. Drivers side. Just loosen it. It doesn't come off. Just loose and it drains. I think its 6 or 7mm. Then tighten. Do not over tighten! The sh*t is plastic. Then fill up through the overflow. That's it. Let it run with the cap off for bit. And then put the cap on.run it more. Top off as needed. Squeeze the lines and stuff. Just make sure air is out and its topped off and doesn't overheat.

I just use prestone. I do mine once a year. And if you bring it to Volvo, this is allllllll they do. They don't flush it. Not needed. And if you get the concentrate without the water added, get distilled water!!!

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Pete loves to post stuff mean or angry sounding...then deletes it

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
One if its concentrate, 2 if its premix

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
But not that much comez out...cuz of what is in the engine

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Ooooh snap

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
2gallons total is like 7.6 liters...so you good dude...if 8.8 is how much is total..there is more than 1.2 sittin in the linez and engine and turbo lines

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok googled and maybe prestone extended life is an alternative (my dealer wants $50 a gal for the volvo stuff . . . . )

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Its all good dude...just get something quality and change at least once every 2 years...i just flush the fluids on our cars every year

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I wonder how pissed pete would get if i start a "what's the best coolant" thread

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Volvo Owner's Manual
V70 & V70R
Specifications
Fluids and Cooling System (p202 in my 2006 Manual)
Cooling system
Volume: 9.3 US qts (8.8 liters)
Maybe we have a different year . . . etc . .
give it a break bud . . . you don't dRive your "R" enough bud

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Maybe we have a different year . . . etc . .
give it a break bud . . . you don't dRive your "R" enough bud
Those of us that have been around a while have learned to deal with Pete's angry drunk posts lol. He deletes them when he sobers up. Don't let him get under your skin.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Zerex G05 should be the alternative to OEM. It's in a gold bottle, that's the only alternative. NAPA and Carquest usually have it, I haven't had luck finding it anywhere else.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
i gave the information asked for

and my source

too many posts on SS are personal (see above, you know who you are)

these posts waste bandwidth while providing no incentive, no inspriation, no humor...

and the worst sin of all: no information

i delete posts that offer no valuable information

this makes searching for "help" much faster

and offers an immediacy that gives an intimacy to those who are watching in real time ... like good fellows well met... but passing... as in real life.

think how much better this site would be if every member cared as much as I do

and deelted the silly posts they make in the high spirits of the moment.

what I care most about is doing my bit towards making SS the premier website for those who love their Volvos.
So, are you gonna delete this post also? I didn't see too much useful information in it :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts