SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. Assuming I bent the valve with my screwup timing. I pulled the head again only now I see some coolant the head gasket looks fine and the machine shop who repaired the bent valve that I originally pulled ahead for said he obviously saw no cracks I'm bringing it back and he's going to dye check it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
After seeing that picture maybe you could use a laugh and the topic reminded me of a joke.

Penguin driving thru the desert has car trouble so he stops at a repair shop. Has mechanic take a look.
While Penguin is waiting in the hot temps which he isn't used to he gets an ice cream bar. While eating the ice cream it start to melt and drip all over him.
Penguin goes back to check on his car and mechanic says "blew a seal"
Penguin replies "No I just ate an ice cream bar"

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Did you drain the radiator before pulling the head? Or maybe a better question, how was the head torqued, hopefully three stages with an angle gauge with new head bolts. And there is now need to start a new thread with each observation, your original bent valve post should suffice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Roger that on the new post. I freaked out and was desperate I guess. But I sorted it after, realized I didn't drain the coolant first. So I feel relieved but also ashamed I wasted a post on it. Don't wanna be the boy who cried wolf

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the joke btw. Have you heardof the man holding a sheep walks into the bedroom and says to his wife reading in bed," this is the pig I **** when you're not here", the wife clearly shocked and confused says" that's not a pig!"... The husband replies" I wasn't talking to you!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts