SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving a 2012 S60 T5, sometimes if I take a corner hard in tiptronic mode a red warning comes up that says Coolant low.. Anyone know the reason? Think I need anti-freeze? It goes away as soon as the corner is done and only comes on once in a blue moon

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Driving a 2012 S60 T5, sometimes if I take a corner hard in tiptronic mode a red warning comes up that says Coolant low.. Anyone know the reason? Think I need anti-freeze? It goes away as soon as the corner is done and only comes on once in a blue moon
Have you checked the overflow reservoir's level of coolant fluid?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also had this problem, and the cooling liquid was indeed low (<30K Km). Volvo topped it off free of charge, stating it was normal for new vehicles *shrug*

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine had just hit 6000 miles when the low coolant warning message came on last Friday. The car is at the dealer now. I was told today that the reservoir cap was defective. We'll see... I hope it is that easy a fix.

I am also having them check on my intermittent rough downshifts and the occasional growling A/C compressor. There is a new software update for the transmission and mine has now been updated. Supposedly my VIN is to preclude me from experiencing noise from the compressor. They have not been able to replicate the noise yet.

Owning the Volvo has been cakewalk so far compared to my former Land Rover Discovery of the past 9 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts