SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just did the water pump and timing kit on the car yesterday and now I have the Coolant Low Stop Engine message. I've topped it off after it burped twice and it level in the reservoir has not moved since. Does the sensor itself go bad because I went a head and topped it off to the brim almost and its still holding that amount but the message is still on and I hate seeing lights while I'm driving. It's not over heating or doing anything weird. The message is just on.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Look at the float in the tank... Maybe it is stuck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you moved or removed the coolant tank to do your timing belt and water pump service, make sure that the electrical connector on the tank was not disconnected or damaged in the process.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The float is the white washer looking piece in the reservoir correct? I've pushed it up and down but to no avail.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I suppose after doing a new collar gear, axles, wheel bearings, torque mounts, timing belt, water pump, tranny and angle gear fluid change and spark plugs in the same week your bound to burn out.lol It was simply unplugged. Thanks for the help guys. I would've probally ran out and purchased a new sensor before even checking anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts