SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I did a radiator swap, did the hoses, the expansion tank, and cap.

Refilled with new coolant, bled system.

No I have the red triangle for coolant low stop engine... Things I have tried...

New sensor - off the parts R which still runs and doesn't have this issue... No fix

Checked VIDA, no codes, no errors, it's all happy

Pulled battery cables and held them together for five minutes, started car, after 3 seconds red triangle again.

I have been commuting in the car to work, it doesn't overheat, VIDA also shows temp to be around 185~ F when fully warm.

What did I do wrong here?? Is there a trick I don't know about when swapping radiator??

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just ohm'd the wires going into the harness, as I thought of it after hitting submit...

My car 5.6k
Parts R 5.6k

Thanks for the reply, the sensor in the parts car was working just fine when pulled, so was the one out of my car, before the radiator replacement...

Coolant expansion tank is full, just under max. I am thinking about just filling it more to see what happens

EDIT: I also replaced the expansion tank again, in case the float was faulty...

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had the same problem when I replaced my tank.

Sometimes the sensor itself goes wack. Mine used to show low when full, and full when low :rolleyes:

I feel like taking them out of the tank breaks them.

I had this problem twice trying to use good sensors from other cars, I just ended up buying a BRAND new one from IPD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts