SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed once again the radiator overflow is pretty much empty. Is this a problem? I see a MAX and a MIN, but I don't know where it means the MIN is supposed to be. If I overfilled it before, did the extra gas out? Are you supposed to see it at a certain level, or does everyone else have a nearly empty overflow? I don't want it to overheat one time that we're out and all that. Thanks for any insights, I have no comparison out here for Volvo.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I noticed once again the radiator overflow is pretty much empty. Is this a problem? I see a MAX and a MIN, but I don't know where it means the MIN is supposed to be. If I overfilled it before, did the extra gas out? Are you supposed to see it at a certain level, or does everyone else have a nearly empty overflow? I don't want it to overheat one time that we're out and all that. Thanks for any insights, I have no comparison out here for Volvo.
I filled mine to the max and it hasnt moved at all in 6 months. I would say you have a leak somewhere. keep an eye on that or you may get an air bubble in your hoses or worse your pump. At least in my old cherokee an air buble in the pump meant no circulation. I would check hoses, oil for cloudiness, and the resevior itself they are notorious for leaking. if its cracked and discoloured buy a new one from tasca. 40 bux I believe.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Check the condition of the overflow tank itself, a common problem with the plastic overtime will cause cracks at the top of the tank - typically small at first glance, but it's enough to allow coolant to leak out from. Search the forum for more examples -- easy to fix, just apply a generous amount of "Marine Goop" over the affected area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts