SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 V has slowly lost coolant to the tune of the nag message every 2 or 3 months since I bought it. had a new Water pump put in in november, and got a coolant low message today. Pulled over and it was steaming under the hood. Got in on the lift and thought it was the lower (driver) hose. Got the old one off and I was pretty sure it wasnt the hose. looks fine. Put the new one on and topped it off, let it warm up. Its coming out pretty good passed the lower hose where the hard pipe goes? Not sure what the heck is under there, I cant see from top or bottom. Its definitely on the block, not the firewall. I ran out of time in my shop hookup, what should I look at on Monday? Or should I have a Indy do the work?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Turbo hoses or heater hoses. Basically there are a total of 6 hoses behind the motor that can go bad, 2 for the heater core, 2 for the turbo and 2 for the oil cooler. All soft lines, all worth inspecting and replacing.

Also possibly the PCV hose that attaches to the head on that end, it does a 180 degree turn right above the hard line.

Should be really easy to figure out and replace once you get in there and see what's going on. Really the best way to inspect back there is to pull the strut brace, the over engine pipe, and the entire airbox and intake tube to the turbo. Once all those are out there's a ton more visibility, and even though it sounds like a lot it only takes a few minutes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts