SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Looking at your post history this car blew the engine? Then it's just burning off all the crap that got in the exhaust at that time. Once you have all the leaks fixed, take it out and warm it up all the way, and do a little freeway cruising. The smoke will go away after that.

My C70 blew its head gasket and there was a ton of coolant in the exhaust, so after the engine replacement it blew a massive cloud of steam for a good 5 minutes before settling down.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking at your post history this car blew the engine? Then it's just burning off all the crap that got in the exhaust at that time. Once you have all the leaks fixed, take it out and warm it up all the way, and do a little freeway cruising. The smoke will go away after that.

My C70 blew its head gasket and there was a ton of coolant in the exhaust, so after the engine replacement it blew a massive cloud of steam for a good 5 minutes before settling down.
I was thinking the same thanks ! I have to get a starter I’ll have one in a few days and hopefully going down the road too. There’s oil and smoke coming out of the exhaust when I get on it and it gets hot but I’ve only had the car on for a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts